Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

docrox22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

My iphone 6s suddenly stopped accessing internet using my data package.  The phone shows full signal with 4G and I've checked and there's not a network issue.  

I've phoned 191 and followed their advice - rebooted my phone, reset network settings, reinstalled the APN profile - but still doesn't work.  I went into a vodafone store but all they could suggest was a new SIM card.  That hasn't helped.

Weirdly it happened 30mins after I had to phone 191 to make sure I didn't lose my entertainment pack.  Not sure if the call assistant has done something to my account settings by mistake but they look ok when I check the vodafone app.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out!!

Thanks 🙂

79 REPLIES 79

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@marathon811 It sounds like your spend cap was triggered by the large charges raised whilst you were in the UAE. This will only remain on your account until the direct debit has been received.

As this is an account related query, we'll be unable to assist via the community. So we can help you further, please reply to the private message I've sent you.

Hi Mark, many thanks for the reply!

I was in contact with the support team 6 days after the direct debit was paid, so surely the cap should have been removed by then?

Thanks also for your PM, but the link to follow-up was missing from the message, could you re-send this to me?

Thanks again.

Hi Natasha, I’m having exactly the same problem (4G shows working but no data) in France. Can you PM me please to get this sorted?

thks

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch with us @Radiomir.

I've sent you a private message so we can look into this with you. 

Hello - yes, I am another one with the same problem.  This started when I bought an old Blackberry (yes - WHY you ask) but I wanted to see what all the fuss had been about.  A BOLD 9900, supposedly the best 'classic' BB for £12 rather than the original £400 or whatever.

Put a backup VODA PAYG SIM in and OK for calls / texts but no internet despite showing 5 bars and 3G reception.  Spent a day trying all sorts of fixes and still nothing.

Contacted Voda via Chat and the operator replied  "I have activated the internet services for you", told to switch off and back on in 20 minutes.  Did so and still no service.  Put SIM into a Samsung 4G handset (which has always worked fine) and exactly same problem - calls/texts but cannot access internet.

Visited local Voda store and spent 45 minutes while the guys tried to help.  Ended up with replacement SIM.  Left store waiting for the change to be done (a Sim Swap) and received email that it was done.  Switched Samsung back on and just the same.

I am not aware of any active restrictions on the account and my main Voda Pay Monthly works fine so just what is wrong with my PAYG account?

The solution from above always seems to be a private message to allow someone to fix the problem in the background so I assume this will be the same for me as (based on the above) Voda phone help are no help at all.

Can someone who can help respond please?

Thanks, Frank

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's very strange @frankst237 🤔 Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, I know how frustrating it must be not having a data connection.

We'll be more than happy to investigate further for you - so we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Tech support have been trying to fix this exact issue in my phone for 3 days. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we'll need access to your account to look into this, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

Hi I am experiencing the exact same issue as all users have above I have had no data access for over 24 hours since calling vodafone to renew y sim only contact, ive tried all the rebooting etc but nothing! im extremet frustrated at this as I rely on my data so much for work purposes. Please can somebody resolve this ASAP

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@parmjit12869 I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty using your mobile data and this has been ongoing for this amount of time, I understand how frustrating this must be. So we're able to take a closer look into this for you and help get things sorted, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.