Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

docrox22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

My iphone 6s suddenly stopped accessing internet using my data package.  The phone shows full signal with 4G and I've checked and there's not a network issue.  

I've phoned 191 and followed their advice - rebooted my phone, reset network settings, reinstalled the APN profile - but still doesn't work.  I went into a vodafone store but all they could suggest was a new SIM card.  That hasn't helped.

Weirdly it happened 30mins after I had to phone 191 to make sure I didn't lose my entertainment pack.  Not sure if the call assistant has done something to my account settings by mistake but they look ok when I check the vodafone app.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out!!

Thanks 🙂

79 REPLIES 79

Bikash007
1: Seeker

I have also tried swaping sim in vodafone shop for my iphone 6s+ But the problem is still there. 

The problem sometime resolves itself  but reappear again. 

Please help!!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Bikash007 we're more than happy to help you with your query, please send us your details on the private message I've sent you. 

Hello. 

Just came across this thread and I'm having exactly the same issue. 

Recently upgraded to a new handset and improved contract. Set up new phone, had 4g but no Internet. Message with a Vodafone employee via Web chat was informed if I sim swapped to my new sim would be fine. As you can probably guess it didn't work. Would be great if you could get back to me.

Thanks. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Thekaz91

When you upgrade it is sometimes recommended to get a replacement SIM card.  If your SIM card is getting quite old, it can prevent you accessing all services.  This can easily and quickly be done through a Vodafone Store where they will have the  number transferred to the new SIM within the hour.

It would also be worth making sure 4G is available in your location, this can be done from the coverage checker at the top of the page.  Please alo see the link below to check you have the correct APN settings for your new phone.

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS)?

If the APN settings are correct and a new SIM does not solve the 4G problem, please come back to the forum and a member of the Team will be able to look at your account and make sure 4G services are added.

Hi I have just come across this thread and I'm having the same problem. I have been a customer for several years but to get a deal offered through mobile phones direct I had to take a new contract with you. I've had the new phone iPhone 8 for a few weeks but not used it as I was waiting for the 30 days to end on my current contract so I could keep the number I have had for years.  The 30 days is up today whilst I have been trying to set up.my new phone over the last few days only to find I can't use data. I have been on live chat who advised to reset things and restarted phone, them tried to tell me it was due to maintenance even though I was using the data on my old phone at the time. Then tried saying it was a problem with my sim even though new sim.

Please can you check my plan and sort this as I need to check emails when on the move for work 

AnnS

Hi @Jenb82

If you have had the new phone and contract from the third party, even if you have not used the number, you will still have to pay the line rental.

If you have just ended your previous contract, you will lost the number, you have to put the number on PAYG taking 30 days to complete and then transfer to the new third party contract.  From what you have written, this has probably been done, it will then be a simple process by completing the form below or by contacting Customer Services.

Keep your Pay as you go number when you move to Pay monthly

When you are unable to connect to the internet, the first place to look are your APN settings, if you refer to the previous post before yours, there will be a link. Alternatively, synchronise to your itunes account and download the carrier settings.

If you still have problems, a Vodafone Store can help or come back to the forum for account access.

Yes as I said I have give my 30 days notice and my old contract will be switched to pay as you go from noon today. My new contract is with Vodafone and I have followed the link and checked the settings but still unable to use data. I am fully aware I will have to pay line rental on both contracts this was never the issue.  My point is I'm paying for 16gb data on my new contract that I can't use. Please can you look at my account as I had an issue when the new contract was first set up as you were trying to over charge me. This has been sorted but now u can't use the data. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jenb82 and @Thekaz91 - We can help and look into why your internets not working.

Please send both of your details to us, by following the steps in this private message.

I am having this same problem and have currently been without data on both my iPhone and iPad for ten days. Countless hours on live chat and the phone have resulted in nothing. On Friday I was promised that it would be sorted out within 48 hours. Still nothing. As with many others, I had bought extra data, so maybe there is a connection. It is clearly an account problem since it has affected both devices. I am so frustrated. Please advise. 

Hi @Sueris. We do want to investigate this and get this resolved for you, so that one of our team can take a look at your account can you contact us by Facebook or Twitter.