main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

@Darren66 @samoriordan I've sent a private message to you both with details to contact our team directly. 

We'll be in touch as soon as possible once we receive your details.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi @Natasha,

I have had this same problem since 24/6/17 (on Android rather than iOS though) and am struggling to get it resolved by Vodafone's third level Tech Support. It's been established that the problem is at Vodafone's end, and not phone dependent.

I ring to progress the matter but get fobbed off with "Oh it's a 4G issue, we are woring to fix networks in your area."

My husband has one digit number different to me, the same phone model and bundle and his mobile data is fine.

Please could you contact me to help as I am despairing getting this sorted after two months!

View more options

@TigerTots - I’m disappointed to hear how long this has been ongoing for.

So my team can help further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
1: Seeker

I have the same issue in the USA. Phone says 4 G strong signal.   Tried resetting everything.

Phone worked fine for data roaming in Italy last week and Germany week before. 

I had a text from Vodafone telling me I am in one of the roam further destination so I can use myUK plan for £ 5 per day.

tried ringing 191 which was less than useless as the menu option 4 for problems abroad ended up trying to sell me Vodafone international. 

Last time in US 3 months ago I had no problem. 

View more options

@terrier15 Please unsure your phone is set up to use whilst travelling abroad.
Does the issue still continue when you switch your phone to 3G? - You can do this in the settings of your phone.
It may also be worth speaking to our Live Chat team to check everything is as it should be on your account.

View more options
2: Seeker

This problem has started happening to me since Thursday 23rd. I'm on a £10 big value bundle and my data ran out a day before the bundle ended. I text the number to renew my bundle early which all went through, if I call 2345 it tells me my bundle is active with data available, but I can't actually use any data. No websites or apps that use data will load. I have a 4g icon showing I'm connected, and I've tried my SIM in a different phone and a different SIM in my phone to confirm that it's a problem with my SIM.

View more options

We'd like to look into your data for you @ColonelOfTruth.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact us directly.

A member of our team will then be in touch to discuss this further.

View more options