Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Winding me right up. Now saying it can take 24 to 48 hours. Making it up as they go along. I’m still on to them from

when I originally said I’d started chatting to them

Afternoon everyone,

My partner and I are also victims of the esim swap trap. We have used live chat twice and been in store this morning. We are getting the same message “Nothing we can do, wait 24 hours then request the transfer is cancelled and start again.” No service announcement has been issued by Vodafone. I have no confidence that there will be a solution after 24 hours which is 2:30pm today for us. 

Does anyone from Vodafone fancy helping?

My 24 hours are now up and still nothing. The issue seems to be wider spread obviously and someone at Vodafone needs to escalate the issue. They took forever to allow esims and it’s not even fully functional you can’t transfer it and there is no work around either.

In the end I told them in chat I want to cancel. Of course to do that I have to call. Currently waiting in a queue now.... Could they have picked any more annoying songs as the hold music and the same three. “We’re really busy at the moment, sorry for the delay” 🤬

I cancelled and returning phone. took 1 hour 30 mins to get done talked to 5 different teams. Now need to take it into store to off load... Nice agents on phone  but overall horrendous end to end customer service. 

If they are not able to provide us with a connection/service are we able to cancel without penalty?

Surely we can? I was chatting for 2 hours 20 minutes. So I’ve called the complaints number who can’t cancel and have had to transfer me to the cancellations team. Didn’t realise how shoddy their CS is until now. It’s laughable really that a complaints team can cancel a contract 🤷🏼‍♂️  Mines sim only and I’m still in contract term I think, so expect a penalty, but surely they can’t if they’re unable to provide a service or connection? I’m waiting to see what they say then will check the good old T&Cs 

Yeah I hadn't realised how bad their CS was. They clearly are noticing trends in problems as you would have thought they would have someone sorting it out ASAP but everyone just seems clueless. 

This is exactly what I was afraid of happening, and its bad to see all of you with similar issues.

As I understand it, as told by CS to me it may be better to port back to a physical sim, or get one from a store, and then move it back to an esim.

Seems like a right faff and it really shouldn't be this difficult or complicated. There is obviously something very wrong with the esim process.

Would be great if someone from the Vodafone mod team could respond.

My final update is... the orders occasionally get stuck. I referenced the forums and it seems to be an issue with the whole process. The response I got well for all those who have successfully did a swap from esim to esim wouldn’t be posting. Fair comment, so if anyone is reading this that have done an esim to esim swap kindly chime  in?

He has sent a back office request to a team that can look into the swap order and resolve the issue and complete it. I reluctantly agreed to wait the 48 hours and said I would be cancelling if it’s not sorted out as it will be 72 hours without service and I won’t be paying any termination fees. 

Why they wouldn’t put something in place with Apple to transfer the data plan through  iCloud is beyond me. It’s something that is built into iOS and is offered by other networks. There are no support articles about transfers or getting a new device, so why they’ve released the esim functionality without thinking of all eventualities is beyond me.