Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving eSim to new iPhone

vgopal
4: Newbie

Does anyone here or know or someone from Vodafone explain the correct process for moving an existing eSim from an iPhone to a new iPhone.

I suspect with the new phone being released soon many people will be in the same situation and I want to avoid any potential issues and be stuck without service.

116 REPLIES 116

Not yet and no call back either 🤪

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just before 2PM i got mine 

Finally got a call back and it looks like the CSA cancelled the order for the eSIM and placed it again for an eSIM in an Apple Watch in error which has of course failed. 

She’s told me that now there’s nothing that they can do and I’ll have to wait for a physical SIM card to be sent out. 

Absolutely p**s poor, I feel actual rage! 🤬

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

Update: Managed to speak to a manager who was just as helpful as the last person. They’ve put a request through to re-activate the previous SIM but that will take 24 hours. What they couldn’t tell me is if they’re reactivating them previous eSIM or the physical one. Direct quote “Not an exact 24 hours, it could be more than 24 hours, it might be 24 hours”

Why they couldn’t do this 48 hours and 3 call backs ago I don’t know. This has been so painful to deal with and is nowhere near resolved.

The quality of the service has been completely lacking, advisers don’t know what they’re doing at all, the quality of voice/sound on calls has been terrible, people working from home can barely hear what you’re saying and is compounded by the language barrier.

Advisers bluster through repeating things which don’t make sense and fobbing you off for ‘24 hours’ every time you speak with someone.

I’ve been assured It’s been ‘flagged’ as a complaint and someone will call me back

from the dedicated complaints team.

Hey all, by way of update, I’ve received my QR code email this morning and back up and running now. Good luck all, hope you get it resolved soon.

Frankly, this is disgraceful.

I've been without service since Friday.

My bank sends me an SMS code to login on a new phone, I have been unable to receive this. Some of my bills are now late. Vodafone is directly responsible for my rent being late.

I've spent hours with the chat support team who have been absolutely useless.

I am going to demand compensation with this, this is unacceptable.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'm sorry there's ben a delay in getting your eSIMs active. If you've followed our online instructions and still haven't been able to get activated, pop us a private message via Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy be able to help get you connected ASAP

@Mark can we PLEASE make sure that there's proper guidance/a more robust system to handle this for future launches? It's not on that promises are made for service activation, yet people are without service for days with no real explanation as to what the issue is. For Apple users, it's imperative that iCloud is used to transfer eSims just like EE and most global operators do...

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210655

Hi Mark,

I have not had service on my mobile line since Sunday 15/11

I previously had an eSIM that was activated on an old phone and attempted to switch to a new device Friday 13/11. However the online eSIM re-request didn't work (as others have explained on this thread).

After chatting with support the morning of 15/11 a new eSIM QR code was sent in the afternoon and the activation worked properly -- HURRAH!  Service however was inexplicably disabled in the evening after 6-8 hours without issue.

Monday 16/11 I'm told this was because the simswap was cancelled by the backend team (why?) but that service would be restored to this eSIM within 24 hours. 

No change on Tuesday 17/11, so chat with support who tell me an eSIM order is still open. (Assuming it's the previous day's agent who re-opened?) Am told it will be sent within 24 hours.

No change on Wednesday 18/11, so chat again with support and told the best course of action is to reactivate my physical SIM. OK -- told I'd have that active within 24 hours (and indeed I receive a simswap confirmation email for the first time since 15/11).

This morning Thursday 19/11 I'm still without service so contact chat advisor again, who confirms a delay but that my physical SIM would be activated by 5pm today. Still no service at 5pm, so contact chat again to understand the delay. Am told "glitches happen" and that the timeline is now 24 to 48 hours.

I'm a fairly patient and polite customer, not the type to lose my temper when it's hardly the agents' fault. At a loss to where to go now? 4 days unable to work because I can't authenticate to business systems.

Please help! Thanks.

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Afternoon @deeger 

We do appreciate your patience, sorry to hear your journey hasn't been as smooth as it should have been. We will need to take a look at your account to get to the bottom of what's going on, which we're not able to do over the Community Forum.  Could you please drop us another message over Social Media?