Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App not working

moulee
3: Seeker
Im just creating this thread to see if Vodafone are aware that the My Vodafone app is currently not working.

This is the app from the app store.

If you look at all the latest reviews it seems users are facing the same problems.

I have tried deleting it and reinstalling it , turning off wifi etc.

Can someone please notify the developer of the software to look in to this

Thank you
57 REPLIES 57

A member of the Vodafone staff called me about this yesterday.

She told me the issue has been passed over to the technical department regarding the app. They are aware of the issues a number of people are having using this. Not everyone is affected.

Hi ScottDoyland,

If yours is a new account, recent contract/tariff upgrade or recently ported number then mrnibs is spot on. When the new contract or tariff change occurs, or when the line changes to the new number, the period until the billing cycle restarts that month is charged "pro rata" -  at a fraction of the cost for a fraction of the allowance to cover the proportion of the month until the full allowances kick in.

As such, the My Account tool cannot confirm the allowances until the full month kicks in with the start of the next billing month.

If this is not the case, then I would recommend trying again later to see if this is a temporary issue.

Dave

Its not working for a lot of people.

Look at the reviews on the app store in iTunes.

markus295

hi  i am having the same problem with the app i complained to vodafone and i got itescalted to the tech team so they are currently looking in to the matter and they will let me know what is going on as soon as i hear anything i wull post on here ok.

The app has started working again for me this morning.

It seems hopefully the issues have now been sorted.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi moulee

Thank you for your post and for keeping us updated.:smileyhappy:

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi, i have had my contract with vodafone for 4yrs, i swopped package last dec to a sim only contract and when i did, i was using a nokia handset. I have recently changed handset to an iphone 3g and i am having a similar problem like so many other vodafone account holders in using My Vodafone.

I have tried following previous instruction like un-installing the app and re-installing it but it still gives the same error message.

Any suggestions? thanks

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

stadekola wrote:

Hi, i have had my contract with vodafone for 4yrs, i swopped package last dec to a sim only contract and when i did, i was using a nokia handset. I have recently changed handset to an iphone 3g and i am having a similar problem like so many other vodafone account holders in using My Vodafone.

I have tried following previous instruction like un-installing the app and re-installing it but it still gives the same error message.

Any suggestions? thanks

Just to check; When you installed the app did you remember to turn your wifi off and only connect using cellular (mobile) data?

yes i did

kids

The app does appear to be a bit 'hit & miss'

Personally I have never had a problem with it, I have it on my iPad and my iPhone4. Yesterday Apple swopped out my iPhone for a replacement and I had to reinstall the Vodafone app and it installed and updated first go. Which is what prompted me to ask if you had disabled wifi.

I know that is little comfort to you but it certainly does work for many people.