Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app - Sorry, we're experiencing a few technical difficulties

gparris2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I recently downloaded the update for My Videophone on my iPhone 4. It worked for a few weeks and then it suddenly was unable to find my account details. Now all I get is the message “We’re having a bit of trouble” with a speech bubble saying “Sorry, were experiencing a few technical difficulties at the me moment so we can’t display your usage or account information. We’ll get this sorted as soon as possible – please try later”. After a few weeks I was still getting the same problem so I called customer services. They deleted my account for me twice in each case saying I had to re-register online. I also deleted the app and reloaded it several times. Its still not working and is still displaying the same message. Anyone got any ideas?

Ps I have wifi off as it requires connection to 3g to get account details.

Please see screenshot below

50 REPLIES 50

Hi James, thanks for your reply.  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I only just saw your response.

The app worked for 1 day when I first got the phone in August but then when my old mobile number ported over I haven't been able to get it to work since.  I keep getting an error message saying "we're having a bit of trouble"

Hello BlueLightAlarm,

Thanks for your post.

It's likely that the port has caused this and we'll need access to your account to be able to resolve this.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi

I am experiencing a similar problem but get the message 'We're having a bit of trouble - Try again'. It has never worked on my phone (iphone 5) since I got it on 17 Oct but it works fine on my wifes. I have tried disabling Wifi, removing/reinstalling app, resetting WAP settings but with no success. Customer Services said there is nothing they can do with the app and that it should just work. Can you offer any help? Thanks.

Hi there johnmoliver,

Thanks for your post.

Could you possibly open the application and tap the cog icon and tap 'forget me'?

Once you've done that, please delete and reinstall the application and accept the terms of use to set it up again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

LeeH

Hi, the settings cog isn't there as that doesn't appear until you have used the app. I have uninstalled the app though then reinstalled and gone though intro screens and agreement but it still doesn't work. My wife's phone on the same account works fine and just worked the first time. Thanks.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Johnmoliver,

Thanks for coming back to us.  Can you confirm that everything is working with your My Account online please?  This is where the Vodafone App retrieves all of it's information and so if anything isn't working there then the App will be unable to retrieve your information. 

You will also need to have received the 1st invoice since you took out the contract for the App to update. 

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. My account online works fine and I received my first bill last week. I think the problem is that both my phone number and my wife's are on the same account. Her number works fine from her phone and pulls back the details for her number but mine just comes up with an error.  Thanks.

Having te same problem with vodafone app.  Have been told to re-install.  Did this and still no luck.  Furthermore my address book is not working.  I have listed names with numbers but bill only shows numbers.  Have had numerous online 'chats' about the app - but nothing solved so far.  Now the address book problem needs sorting - won't hold my breath!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mivenin,

Thanks for contacting us! The address book issue sounds strange as it certainly should show the names. Which iPhone is it you're using? Can you try performing a Factory Reset on it for me? You'll need to back your details up to the latest version of iTunes first too so as not to lose any details. 

If this doesn't iron out any software issues, you can always approach my team via email. You can find your PM inbox here with the relevant instructions to reach us directly. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Already done a factory reset and contacted via email - reply was that the names would not show only the number.  Tis has been going on since last November and am still no further forward.  I have an iphone 4.