cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app on iPhone - Sorry, we're experiencing a few technical difficulties

iveivan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
When I start my Vodafone app on my iPhone, I get the above error message. This appears before I see the screen showing my usage. I am able to use and login to the website ok. I want to use the app to easily see my usage to make sure I am not going over my limits. 
E40675E2-2A4C-4926-980E-AC02EF6E5EAB.jpeg

I have contacted Vodafone by chat and email over 15 times. Things that have been tried: I restarted my phone I reinstalled the app I reinstalled again with WiFi off I reinstalled again with a link that was sent. The link just took me to the App Store. They reconfigured my account. This messed the account up and it took many other support calls to fix it. Escalate to Digital team None of this helped.
10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @iveivan

When you downloaded a new application, you would have needed to delete the application from the phone and icloud account.  If you downloaded a new application without deleting from icloud, you would have reinstalled the back up version.  If you have now cleared all traces of the application from the phone and iclould, try clearing any history on your iphone and downloading the application again.

If your online account is up and running as it should be, there is no reason for the application being unable to follow.

If you still have problems, the forum Team will be able to look at your account and make sure you have access to the application.

I have deleted the app every time before reinstalling. I had not heard of the need to delete from iCloud before. I found and followed these steps from the web on how to do that. Are these the correct steps? After doing that, deleting the app and re-installing, it still does not work

Step 1. On your iPhone, go to Settings and Press iCloud.
Step 2. Then tap on Storage and then Manage Storage.
Step 3. Under "BACKUPS", click on your iPhone name.
Step 4. Some of the apps will be listed there. Click "Show All Apps" to see all the apps.
Step 5. Go to the app that you want to delete data from iCloud, scroll it to the left.

Step 6. Confirm the action by tapping on "Turn Off & Delete".

delete app from iCloud

Just to add that the app used to work and randomly stopped working a couple of months ago. So, I’m not sure why my account be the issue. However, as I mentioned, someone on the support chat did reconfigure my account. It didn’t help. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iveivan It's a shame to see you're having an issue with the app, I can see you've done a lot in order to resolve this. So we can look into this further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I am having exactly the same issue. Can someone please help? Thanks

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Bhoy_67, it's disappointing to hear you're having trouble with your Vodafone app. I've popped you a private message over so you can get in touch directly - I'll be happy to take a look into this for. 

I am having the exact same issue. Tried all the above to fix but nothing works. I haven't been able to access it for weeks now and can't check my data usage. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@taramt  - Please contact us through Facebook Private Message for Vodafone UK. If you don’t use Facebook, we’re also available through Twitter Direct Message. We can then take your details and look into what's happenig with your My Vodafone app. 

Im also having the very same issue, but I don't have an iPhone, I'm using the huawei mate pro 20, contacted Vodafone numerous times but still havi g this issue