Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app will not open

ShirlB
2: Seeker

The My Vodafone app will no longer open although it did when I first registered my account on it. I have not used it for a long time. I have tried deleting the app, switching of my wifi and reinstalling it, but still it is unable to find my account. I can however open my account on my Mac. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colin7777

I’m having same problem, it did work until Vida made changes to my account. I have chatted 6 times now and they all promise it will get sorted but still not working. As to suggestions here it doesn’t even allow access to the app. When opening the app it tries to connect but times out and says technical fault try again in 10 seconds and they are dealing. That is a lie or 2 weeks to deal with a problem what a poor service Vodafone. How do I totally delete it from iTunes people just don’t know what they are talking about on here. If you don’t know how to sort the problem why comment, leave it to someone who knows. So does anyone know the solution

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Try deleting it from your iPhone and also from the apps section in your iTunes via a computer. 

Then download a fresh install. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ShirlB

Thanks for your suggestion. When you state reset your account, sorry to be dense , but how do I do this? Do you mean log into my account on my computer, log out and then log in again? 

Colin7777

I’m having same problem, it did work until Vida made changes to my account. I have chatted 6 times now and they all promise it will get sorted but still not working. As to suggestions here it doesn’t even allow access to the app. When opening the app it tries to connect but times out and says technical fault try again in 10 seconds and they are dealing. That is a lie or 2 weeks to deal with a problem what a poor service Vodafone. How do I totally delete it from iTunes people just don’t know what they are talking about on here. If you don’t know how to sort the problem why comment, leave it to someone who knows. So does anyone know the solution

Hi Colin, For two years I have had this problem and not been able to solve it and to rub salt into the wounds vodaphone keep sending me text messages about offers freebies etc in the vodafone app! I would love to know how to solve the problem. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app a number of times but still no success! 

IHi, tomorrow I am going to write to Vodafone CEO Nick Read —  [Removed]

regarding this problem, I would suggest everyone else with the same problem does the same, this might gain  enough notice to get something done. I am going to ask if legally they have broken their contract to me as I was told all the benefits of veryme and that is why I signed up but not receiving the benefits. If I don’t get any joy copy of my email and response will be sent to Martin Lewis and watchdog and again if enough people do this it may get some attention

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sure we'll be able to get you connected to the My vodafone app and enjoying all the benefits this brings @ShirlB and @Colin7777. as we'll need access to your asccounts, pop us a message through Facebook or Twitter and we'll take a look 👀