Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone app

Sooty20129
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i recently brought a second hand phone and it still has my big value bundle on the phone number and i have 1 GB left but i cant use the mobile data and also when registering for the 'my vodaphone' app it is saying it is off but it is on, please help me? 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sooty20129

Can I ask is mobile data settings turned On in the iPhone you've bought. 

Can you make calls and texts ok ?

Is there the Vodafone Logo in the iPhone's top status bar ? 

Is there a 3g / 4g data icon showing at all ?

There are data bars in your myvodafone so it's worth just double checking they are not on. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to check too. 

Regarding the iPhone. 

It could be the apn settings so text WEB to 40127 and or look at the apn settings in the phone. They should be the same as the ones in > https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/vodafone-apn-settings

Paying careful attention to the specific ones for Payg. 

Can you try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that maybe at issue can you try another sim in your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you, the 3G sign is there and im receiveing messages and calls. 

The data just won't work 

This is what it says

AnnS

Hi @Sooty20129

As the phone came second hand, when you received the phone, you need to restore to itunes, before doing this you need to be a litle careful, it will delete any content on the phone and you need to make sure you have backed up to your itunes account.  When this has been done and the phone has synchronised to itunes, it will force the correct data settings to be installed on the phone.

As far as your Application is concerned, you need to use mobile data the first time and whenever there is an update to the application after which time you can use WiFi.  

Thank you I'll try and do that