cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NAT type 3 whilst tethering PS4, how can I fix this?

JOHNNY84
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Never had this problem until I switched to Vodafone yesterday on PayM contract, please help.
28 REPLIES 28

Thanks for replying. After step 8 it says "MTU settings, Automatic or Manual?" Clicked manual.

Then it says about proxy and I said do not use.

Tested it again and still comes up with NAT3 and a low mbps :Sad_face:

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chpinheiro Vodafone uses iPv4 and online gaming through a tether requires iPv6. This has been raised and we're looking into updating this, however there is no time frame on it. 

I would recommend only using consoles through a Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection in the meantime, or alternatively a static IP address as TJ suggested above, however we can't guarantee this will work.

There are threads from 2018/19 on this exact same issue. Vodaphone aren't going to do anything about this are they. Disappointing. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, we don't guarantee a connection via hotspotting or tethering. We can guarantee a connection directly to your device though. We are aware that our IP version needs improving to allow for the NAT type to change. We're working on this and will update you as soon as we have an update 🙂

This has been the reply for more than a year. Amazing that there is no mention of this issue when purchasing your packages. Your posting a smiley emoji but I don't see why anything about a reoccurring post of 'we can't help you' can possibly warrant a smile. It's bad customer service and ignorance of the customers issues. Disappointing. 

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.  get-vidmate.com instasave

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Shubhampaul! We're investigating this at the moment and need to get some examples raised to the right team.  Please get in touch with our Social Media team here, and they'll be able to get this raised for you 🙂

Hi Beth, All due respect but thats another lie... my ps4 is hooked to a 4G/5G modem router and the NAT type remain type 3.

However, if that help people on this forum, i have tried a Three sim on my modem router and the NAT type with a Three sim is Type 2 with the possibility to put your console game in DMZ if required.

I will terminate my contract and get a Three contract.

Cheers

Y

Hi @Youss94 we are aware of the issues currently being caused by receiving a strict NAT type and we are currently investigating, if possible could you send a screenshot of the NAT type you are receiving, as we are collating all examples and sending these to the team investigating this.

This is only ever the response! Are these people even real?  Beth / Andy are you robots or actual people? You've been posting the same stuff over and over again. First of all its Playstations fault, then it's yours with IPV4 / 6.

But all you say is "yeah we are looking into it".

I think I might start up a facebook page outlining all the available providers who actually care about this and hit up the gaming community as Vodafone never mention this when dishing out contracts.

"But we don't gaurantee tethering or hotspot connections" I see you cry. Well why don't you mention this then as we are handing over our payment details? Stop giving lame responses.