Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iMessage features

egb12
3: Seeker
Anyone else having problems with the new iMessage features on iPhone 7 iOS10.1?
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @egb12

Can you give an example(s) on what problems your experiencing with iMessage please ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

If you're having issues with some of the new features make sure that reduced motion is turned off in settings-accessibility

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

egb12
Thank you for your replies. It was the reduce motion setting. I'm happy I can now slam dunk messages 😊

BandOfBrothers

Interesting. 

The Reduce Motion settings is something others including myself have used on older devices to help with stuttering and lag because the newer iOS versions can have that effect on older iPhones and iPads. 

Nothing in connection to how iMessages work. 

It shouldn't be the case imo on a brand new iPhone 7. 

Current Phone  >

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@egb12 As @jeffkinn suggested to resolve problems with iMessage the motion Setting needs to be turned off.

How to Fix iMessage effects not working in iOS 10

Solution 1: Disable Reduce Motion

A common fix to this issue is to turn off ‘Reduce Motion’, which you may have enabled to disable parallax effect of app icons and to reduce animations. But it seems that having this enabled creates issues for iMessage effects so turning it off may fix the problem.

Source: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/fix-ios-10-imessage-effects-not-working-ios-10-problem.html

BandOfBrothers

Well every days a school day :Winking_smiley:

Gues iOS 10 isn't quite fully baked yet. :Sad_face:

Hope the bugs are ironed out asap. 

Current Phone  >

DaynaEbersohn
1: Seeker

Really a great post. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about imessage effect not working on iphone. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. And i found another thread for imessage effect not working on ios 11