cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New nano sim - can i swap my old micro sim?

tanyan
4: Newbie
I recently upgraded to the new samsung galaxy s4 and am missing my iphone :Sad_face:
Am thinking about selling my s4 and buying a sim free iphone 5
Can I change my current SIM card to a nano sim to fit the new iphone that I buy even though I am still in contract with an s4?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello tanyan

Your contract is for airtime only and you are free to sell your S4 and swap over to a nano SIM to use in an iphone 5.

As soon as you have your iphone 5, a Vodafone Store will be able to let you have a nano SIM and will do a number swap instantly for you instore.

As far as you new iphone is concerned, you wont get it any cheaper purchasing from Vodafone, the price is set by Apple who do not want their products devalued. It may be a better option to purchase direct from Apple or internet site.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

tanyan
4: Newbie
And also does vodafone sell iphone 5 off contract and what would the price be for a long standing customer?

AnnS

Hello tanyan

Your contract is for airtime only and you are free to sell your S4 and swap over to a nano SIM to use in an iphone 5.

As soon as you have your iphone 5, a Vodafone Store will be able to let you have a nano SIM and will do a number swap instantly for you instore.

As far as you new iphone is concerned, you wont get it any cheaper purchasing from Vodafone, the price is set by Apple who do not want their products devalued. It may be a better option to purchase direct from Apple or internet site.

Is there any one from vodafone that can confirm this is correct as I am in process of selling my samsung and want confirmation from a vodafone bod
Thanks

jeffkinn

I can see that none of the mods have commented on this thread so I'll chime in and tell you that the advice you received from Ann is perfectly correct. You can use whatever phone you like with your contract and if you need to swap from a micro to a nano sim card all you have to do is pop into a Vodafone store and they'll swap it and activate it there and then for no cost.

As far as the iPhone is concerned, Vodafone does not sell handsets off contract. Buy one directly from Apple and it will be ready to go and unlocked there and then.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi tanyan,

AnnS is exactly right, you can request any type of SIM card to be used with your package. :smileyhappy:

We don’t sell Apple iPhones box only so you would need to purchase this separately.

You can pick up a NanoSIM in store once you’ve got the new phone, and they can swap your number over to it.

Cheers,

Amanda 

shantelle90
8: Helper
8: Helper
It is untrue about transferring your number from the micro sim to the nano sim with Vodafone.

I have been waiting since the 26th December 2012 ( yes over 8 months) and have been in store for 2-3hrs at a time on more than 15 occasions, been on the phone to Vodafone in store and from home on more than 20 occasions over the past 8 months and I have also been promised calls back from management etc and compensation for this issue on so many occasions for the past 8 months but still not had a call back or my number changed over. One main vodafone store even told me that Vodafone do not have nano sims (which is ridiculous).

Just be weary before changing to a nano sim if you want to keep the same number, as you could still be waiting 8 months later for your number to be transferred with Vodafone.
If my post has helped you, please click on the thumbs up button

Hi shantelle90, 

I'm disappointed to hear that this has been going on for so long and is yet to be sorted. 

Our stores do have PAYG Nano SIMs so I'm not sure why this issue hasn't been resolved. Please drop us an email and we'll look into it. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

I have to say I went in changed the sim for a nano - the guy swapped everything over and was in and out within 5 mins! Popped it in my new iphone and no problem at all

Yalinikajan12
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have normal Vodafone sim payasyougo now I bought I phone 5 I want change my number to nano sim . Can I ?