main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

New phone

1: Seeker
Really need a new phone but my contract isn't up for ages and don't want to buy the phone itself outright!!! What can I do???
View more options
2 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Niamhoc

If you are in agreement and are not due an upgrade with a new subsidised phone, your options are :

Pay off what remains of the contract with a 2% discount and minus any VAT.

Purchase the new phone at your own expense. This option will enable you to change to a SIM only contract when you current contact ends and work out the cheapest option.

The other alternative is to take out a second contract with a new number and cancel your present contract when it reaches the end of the minimum term but this will mean paying for two contracts.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi,

When is your upgrade date ? I ask because you could speak to Vodafone customer service to see if you can pay the remainder off and upgrade. 

Or perhaps sell your current phone and use the funds to help pay for another. You could have it unlocked which can increase its street value. 

Highstreet Shops such as c.e.x sell traded in  / unwanted upgrade phones. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options