Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving international texts

amunro5618
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, I am not receiving international text from the USA, I had been receiving them up until about a month ago. My wife also has the same problem with her iPhone 4. The person sending the texts can send them to other people in the UK ok. I have asked them to get someone else in the US to send a text to me (from a different provider) and I can't receive texts from them either. So I can only assume it's a Vodafone problem.   Thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi amunro5618,

That's unusual. Did anything on the phones change around the time this started happening?

So we can get to the bottom of this, can you also confirm a couple of other things for me?

- Does this also affect emails sent by you to the United States?

- Does the sender get any sort of error notification when they send?

- Are these being sent as SMS or iMessages?

I'm confident we'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Dave

Hi Dave

I can send and recieve emails fine.  The sender didn't even know I wasn't getting any texts until we spoke on the phone.  They are getting charged as usual for sending these texts.  My friend is using SMS as she doesn't have an iphone herself.  All this also applies to my wife's iphone also.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi amunro5618,

OK, we'll need to take a closer look at the account and see what we can find. It may be that your friend will have to speak with their network as well if we see no blocks and no records of the SMS on our network, but we'll see what we can find out first for you.

To that end, check out the private message I'm sending you and follow the directions in there for me.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

Hi I can't see where there is a 'Turn on private message box' when i click on your link, and the PM box link takes me to an access denied page.

Andrew

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi amunro5618

Thank you for letting us know that you are unable to view your Private Message.

I have checked and have now amended this for you.:smileyhappy:

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi I don't have any private messages to respond to.

Andrew

Hi amunro5618

I've checked your preferences and can see that PM is turned on so you should be able to receive them. I've resent it again just in case it didn't reach you the first time.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Simon

Ascheulova
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi - have your issue been resolved? I have the same problem, I can't receive texts on my iphone from my mother, although she can send me texts on my blackberry which is also vodafone.

Hi Ascheulova

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with this.

Can you confirm if this is an international text issue as the posts above are?

What error does you mother get when trying to send to you?

Does anybody else have any other issues when sending texts to you?

Please let me know and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne