Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nuc code for iPhone 5

DOOLEYDOTCOM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I had an iPhone 5 on a contract that ended in Jan 2016. I have repeatedly sent the imei number via your online form to unlock the handset only to receive an email saying the imei is not recognised. This evening I called Vodafone and spoke to the tech dept. The chap told me to fill the form in again and if I got the same response to forward the email to nucresolution email addressHe said that vodafone would then get apple to unlock the phone manually. I have sent this email several times to the nuc address and keep getting a delivery failure response. Can you please help? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @DOOLEYDOTCOM

I would advise not to fill out numerous requests as this can lead Vodafone to think something fraudulent is at work. 

The Nuc Resolution email address isn't allowed to be posted on the forum but Live Chat or Customer Services on 191 can clarify your using the right one for your account type. 

I assume you've had no break of usage of the iPhone on the network. 

Just to advise >

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. (Check Spam Inboxes too)
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately I have already sent at least 4 forms on the advice of the tech chap. I triple checked the nuc email address with the tech chap to make sure I had noted it down correctly. I will have to contact Vodafone again for another 15 minute phone call. 

You're Welcome. 

I hope all goes Ok for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@DOOLEYDOTCOM - I’m sorry to hear how long it’s taking to get this sorted.

If it's still ongoing, we can help. Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.