cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oh dear, I'm going to try and set up an Apple Watch...

rg11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, have an S3 Apple Watch cellular, and am shifting to Vodafone to get cellular support. And having had a look through the forum, I have to say I don't feel very confident I'm going to be able to get it working....

Is it as hard as a browse through the discussions make it seem, or does it actually work smoothly most of the time? I did see this useful tutorial, but that's for a watch migration rather than a new set up. 

Any tips beyond the usual 'go to Apple Watch app, set up Mobile Date' instructions? I'm hoping to do as little repairing / resetting as possible, although if it's vital at some point, so be it. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Please do check the previous recent posts as they do hold good advice and troubleshooting tips if needed.

We do mostly only hear of the difficulties people have faced / are facing and not typically from people who haven't had any issues setting this up @rg11 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  would be your go to place for account specific support.

I wish you all the best with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @rg11. As @BandOfBrothers said, most comments posted via any social channel will be negative; as people will come looking for help. If everything's working great, why would you need to.

A few important bits to remember are to make sure Wi-Fi Calling is activated on your account and check your Bluetooth is turned on also. You'll need Vodafone One Number on your account too, so you can use the cellular connection feature on your watch. Open the the iOS Watch app on your iPhone, scroll to Cellular, then follow the on screen instructions. If the Watch app isn’t on your device, search for Watch in the App store

Try getting your account and Apple watch paired up and if you have any trouble, just let us know and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

Thanks, folks. Have got as far as appearing to put the order for mobile data through, and have got an email saying my order (for "30-day rolling One Number connectivity") is being checked. Out of an abundance of caution I asked live chat if all looked good, and was told to wait 2-4 hours. Waited 5 hours, and phone support then told me to wait 24. So fingers crossed. Has definitely been some progress though, as the Mobile Data page in the Watch app just spins a wheel on 'waiting', which is more than it was doing before...

Did get a message during sign up that the first 6 months are free, so that's a nice bonus. If it works...