Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old SIM for eSIM?

martcol
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have iPhone XS Max. I have separate work and personal mobiles. Both coincidentally, are Voda. 

I want ant to know if I can swap my account SIM for an eSIM?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @martcol 

Unless things have suddenly changed Vodafone don't support the eSIM and Vodafone are working with Apple to introduce the feature to the network.

Please see this site for Apple services supported by the networks, if you scroll down to United Kingdom, you will see  EE are the only network to support the eSim. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040#europe

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS

Hi @martcol 

Unless things have suddenly changed Vodafone don't support the eSIM and Vodafone are working with Apple to introduce the feature to the network.

Please see this site for Apple services supported by the networks, if you scroll down to United Kingdom, you will see  EE are the only network to support the eSim. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040#europe

@AnnS  

Thank you for your help

Hi, do you know if there have been any changes and we can get two numbers working on the same iphone ?

I don't think Vodafone are supporting esims ? is there an alternative?

AnnS

Hi @ClareNORD 

No changes.  Unless you are using a dual SIM phone where you would use 2 SIM's in the same phone each SIM would have it's own identification number and allocation of minutes, texts and data.

we are using an apple iPhone 11 which has this capability, I understand from someone else it isn't as simple as putting 2 sim cards in the phone, but one of them needs to be an esim?

The network must support esim. Vodafone is taking its sweet time to offer it, already 2 years. 
no announcement,  nothing expected any time soon. 
many simply moved to other networks supporting esim, as will I when my 2 years contract ends in September. 
Esim is a fantastic feature to avoid any contact, delays and pollution. But Vodafone certainly likes us to be in waiting queue in their stores or overloading the post office with polluting printed paper.