main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Old number hasn’t transferred to new SIM card

ryoukarla
2: Seeker

Recently purchased new iPhone and transferred from EE to Vodafone. I gave them the pac code to transfer the old number to my new SIM [Removed]

They told me the number would be transferred today. This seems to be half true, as the old number has been deactivated, however the new SIM card still uses the new number.

Is there a good way to get in contact with someone from Vodafone that doesn’t involve typing to a bot. I’ve rang 191 and been put in a queue only to be kicked when I was next in line. Any help is appreciated.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ryoukarla 

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

It can occasionally take up to midnight for the change to happen. 

Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM can check your account.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

What-happens-on-the-day-my-number-moves-to-Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Phantom Black.

View more options
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ryoukarla 

Vodafone would have send a text notification to let you know your ported number was transferred to the network, porting usually happens late in the afternoon so should be completed now.

To solve this problem is easy, you just need to change the number on your iphone settings, Settings > phone > my number and make sure the correct number is showing there.  Follow this with synronising to Finder and you should have the correct number showing.

Further information for you here: Welcome to Vodafone - Getting Started 

View more options