Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One Number connection issues

Andyalpina01
1: Seeker

I write this from my hospital bed. My family gifted me an Apple Watch 3 so I could use it to keep in contact with them during my treatment. The thought behind thier gift was its much more convinient and provided more security than having a phone in the ward. Lovely gesture.

Thats were the good feeling ended. I contacted Vodafone on Saturday and had no problem in speaking with someone who said it was all set up and would be working within 24 hours. It didnt and I then had to increase my monthly spend in the promise of it working. Speed forward to today and its still not working despite all sorts of promises. Remember Im phoning from hospital and its tiring going through the same spiel time after time.

Whats happening now is that when I click on the app to setup mobile data it briefly goes to a webpage and then returns to the setup page within the app. No error notice. I have removed , repaired , deleted the app & watch numerous times. Along with the different advice from the Vodafone techs of switching off & on and removing the sim card I am slowly losing faith that it will ever work.

Can anyone offer some advice to an old tired man please

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Andyalpina01 

I hope you get well soon. 

All I can offer you is the official Vodafone Guide  > Deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/apple/watch-series-4-watchos-5/connectivity/set-up-mobile-data-on-your-a...

You may need to search around for your generation of Apple Watch and iPhone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Andyalpina01 It's a shame to hear you've been having difficulty getting your Apple Watch connected, I appreciate how unsatisfying this must be, especially whilst in hospital. I'd love the opportunity to turn this around and help get things sorted. As this requires me accessing your account, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.