Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OneNumber not working for my Apple Watch & Iphone 12

Skelts
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just switched from 02 where my Cellular Watch & iPhone worked perfectly together or apart. Switched to Vodafone & after 2+ hours onto 191, still no cellular on my Watch despite having subscribed to OneNumber. When I try & link the phone with the watch via the Mobile Data Network option, I keep getting redirected to the Vodafone website saying ‘subscribe to OneNumber’. I have checked my account and OneNumber is subscribed and active. Seems the Vodafone network still thinks I need to subscribe to another OneNumber, despite me already having an active one. Any help greatly appreciated, I just can’t face another hour+ with 191. Might just go back to 02 where they seem to have this nailed! Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

I’ve spent the last year “popping messages” to your social media accounts. 

countless hours on chat with all of the departments which all result in the same thing, someone will call me back, and they never do. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This isn't good to hear @Ian_G. As our social team are a digital first support channel, we'd normally try to fix your issue through Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter at @VodafoneUK. If you pop us another message on any private conversation you've had with us, we'll be happy to pick this up and help you get your data service active and sync your watch with your phone.

mickigi
3: Seeker

I have Apple Watch Ultra 6 weeks in still trying to get a connection appalling service.

Hey @mickigi I'm sorry to hear that this issue has been going on for so long, I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this must be. So we can get this resolved, please drop a message to the Social Media team here

Pydys89

After such fuss up (in my case it was coming back to old/new iphone returned from repair which I rejoined with and restored from my iCloud):

1: reset/unpair the watch

2. download and install your watch's eSIM to iPhone from this LINK

3. wait a while and you should get automatic email (and message maybe) from vodafone entitled "How to set up your eSIM".

4. You will see (in my case) second eSIM which is literally you iWatch eSIM temporary mounted on iPhone. Go to Watch app -> mobile service -> and then you should be able to transfer this eSIM from you phone to watch.

At some point I have visual instruction showing step-by-step instruction and it will tell tou that the transfer is in progress.
5. You will get another email "eSIM Ready for Activation" then you can go to your eSIM on iPhone and delete. Fee more minutes and watch finally received cellular. Your eSIM is transferred.

Whole process is really nowhere explained. So dear Vodaphone - please add somewhere right instructions. I lost 3 yours during your helpline and app help were unavailable due to high demand.

Pydys89

After such fuss up (in my case it was coming back to old/new iphone returned from repair which I rejoined with and restored from my iCloud):

1: reset/unpair the watch

2. download and install your watch's eSIM to iPhone from this LINK

You simply must must screenshot the QR and go to iPhone's "Mobile Service" -> add eSIM -> Use QR code -> Open Photos

3. wait a while and you should get automatic email (and message maybe) from vodafone entitled "How to set up your eSIM".

4. You will see (in my case) second eSIM which is literally you iWatch eSIM temporary mounted on iPhone. Go to Watch app -> mobile service -> and then you should be able to transfer this eSIM from you phone to watch.

At some point I have visual instruction showing step-by-step instruction and it will tell tou that the transfer is in progress or maybe it popped at step 2/3. I was completely stoned and simply shocked that finally something worked🤣
5. You will get another email "eSIM Ready for Activation" then you can go to your eSIM on iPhone and delete. Fee more minutes and watch finally received cellular. Your eSIM is transferred.

Whole process is really nowhere explained. So dear Vodaphone - please add somewhere right instructions. I lost 3 yours during your helpline and app help were unavailable due to high demand.

Robyn

Hey @Pydys89 

We really appreciate the feedback and that you have taken the time to write out all these steps. We will certainly get this raised, thank you.