main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Only reviving 3G

Highlighted
1: Seeker

I live in a area which revives 4g signal and I revived it until I switched to a big value bundle. I have all of the username and passwords correct in the mobile data section in settings and I have 4g on “data only” yet I don’t get 4G. Any ideas on what to do to get 4g?

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Patrickmuldoon

What did you switch from to a big value Bundle may I ask ?

i.e. Payg 1 to BVB

Pay Monthly to Payg etc.

When did you switch ?

A few further questions...

Do you get 4G anywhere ?

Is 4G / LTE chosen in your connection settings in the phone ?

Can you test your sim card in another phone and another sim card in your phone ?

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can check that 4G is still turned On in your account.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @Patrickmuldoon

Changing tariff to include a BVB shouldn't affect your 4G data service and although you have checked your settings there is probably something missing.  If you refer to this previous thread and scroll down to the very last reply, it may help https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/4G-not-working-on-new-PAYG-sim-card/td-p/2601779/page/... You can also synchronise to your itunes account this will download the carrier settings to the phone.

It would also be worth putting the postcode into the coverage checker at the top of the page just to make sure there is no issue with 4G at the location.

View more options
Administrator

@Patrickmuldoon If any of the above little tips and tricks don't help get your 4G up and running, please post back on this thread and we'll be able to check your account on our side 😊

View more options
1: Seeker

Not sure why but taking out my SIM card and re inserting in seemed to work but thank you for the help anyway

View more options