Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Opening my Vodaphone App

GeoffBeck1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Vodaphone App won't open .  It says it needs to identify me though I've used it several times before on this phone, tells me to switch off WiFi, but still does not work, says they are unable to identify me, suggest turning off VPN though when I do it come on again whenever I try to open the App.  Ive had the same phone for a number of years and the same number for many years more.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to disable your VPN to see if you can access the app via your normal Mode.

Are you able to access your myvodafone via your url browser.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I can get into My Vodaphone on Safari, but not using the App

It seems that whenever I try to switch VPN off either with Wifi on or off , it switches back on as soon as I open the Vodaphone App or any App

redpages

Have you tried deleting and then reinstalling the app? 

I had a similar problem not so long back and this got me up and running again. I've just tested it (iPhone 8 Plus) through NordVPN and it's still working.

The only other thing I can think of is making sure the iPhone software is on the latest version (Settings > General > Software Update)

If that doesn't work it might be worth letting the Vodafone team on here know what make and model of phone you're using so they can check for any known / compatibility issues. Likewise what VPN provider you're using

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Yes, I had tried deleting and reinstalling the app.  However, I did dig deeper into the Settings on my pnone and found that the VPN was set to 'Connect on Demand', I turned that off and disconnected VPN and the Wifi and the App worked enough to set up.  It is now working with Wifi and VPN on too.:Smiling: