Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone not working. Please help

Delboykeeper
1: Seeker

I have requested that my iphone5 be unlocked and have had confirmation it should he done but when i put the new sim in it says follow the instructions. I cant do this as it says its still linked to the old apple ID user. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Delboykeeper

Vodafone cannot help with an Apple ID problem. 

Is it your own Apple ID in the iPhone or a previous owners ?

In any case its not usually always needed to restore via itunes. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage.

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Delboykeeper

Vodafone cannot help with an Apple ID problem. 

Is it your own Apple ID in the iPhone or a previous owners ?

In any case its not usually always needed to restore via itunes. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request.

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage.

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the response. The phone is my sister's old phone so if she can help speed things up she can. After reading your post indont think this is an option though?

Thanks

Derek

The Apple ID has no bearing on unlocking the phone. 

It has a bearing on being able to restore , update iOS, facetime, sign into iCloud and make purchases.

If necessary and you want to use your own Apple ID then your sister can remove hers by the erase reset options in the iPhone or via a computer as described in Apple Support and Guidance.

This would however remove the info and you would be starting with a fresh iPhone. 

Current Phone  >