2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently updated my phone and now it won’t make calls

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mh57 

Did the update come via the phones software update section ?

What was the update ?

Can we start by you first trying a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

Try refreshing your network connection by choosing a different network in the phones connection settings and then re choose Vodafone.

And if you can try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the phone or Sim Card That maybe at issue.

May I also ask is this happening in one place or everywhere.

Is this affecting all calls or to a particular contact ?

Check your masts in Vodafone status-checker and check your settings in your myvodafone. i.e any relevant bars.

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello and thanks for replying, I have checked the coverage via the link and that’s all good. I did the update via a link that popped up iOS from Vodafone.  Tried rebooting twice and tried disconnecting the WiFi to no avail. It isn’t showing a sim problem but I’ll look at that now. Thanks again.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Mh57 

The Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account too.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

HI @Mh57 

It's unlikely the SIM has been corrupted by the update but if possible, it might be worth trying an alternative Vodafone SIM in the phone.

Otherwise start with following this advise and steps from Apple:  If you can’t make or receive calls on your iPhone 

Thanks very much I’ve tried all that you suggested. Ironically I can’t call Vodafone and the chat is busy no operators available. I’ll call off my daughters phone tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Mh57 

Please do also consider that the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

The phone lines will be really busy as per 》

Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >