main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

Moderator (Retired)

Hello all 

For the latest updates regarding the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus orders please see this thread - iPhone 7 order queries.

Louise

View more options
11: Established

That just says 'check the tracker'- which isn't being updated.

View more options
4: Newbie
To be fair Jack a lot of people have been told multiple things. A lot of which has been contradictory. So you can't blame people for trying to sort the facts from the fluff.
View more options
Add to that that some people need to plan for someone to be home for a delivery.
View more options
11: Established

Precisely.  I was told by CS last night that I will definately be taking delivery of my phone tomorrow.  I had to give at least one day's notice to take the day off-so I have done that.  Lot's of people can't get the day off on such short notice either!

I'm just glad that in my case they have guaranteed delivery.

View more options
6: Helper
Yes everyone gets told different things every single year. Same thing always happens. The reason peopele get told different things is because until your phone ships they don't know anything as they have no way of. When you receive the message from dpd you will be able to plan For delivery the next day as everyone else can. If your phone doesn't ship later that's when I would get worried.
View more options

At the moment I can't tell my wife that she needs to wait in tomorow, or even what time, or even arrange to be off work myself, because there is NO INFORMATION.

View more options
I phoned Vodafone 6 times yesterday and I only got through to a UK call centre twice. The other 4 were Egypt, South Africa and India twice. Ridiculous. No wonder there is no coherent info with all the different call centres.
View more options
Just because they tell you they guarantee delivery does not at all mean your gonna get it. They have no way of knowing where you are in the cue.
No one will have confirmed delivery until they receive the info from dpd this has been the case for years. You can not be supplied with information that is not available it's not difficult to see why this is the case when we are talking about thousands of orders. I am also waiting for two iPhone 7s ordered at 8am on Friday. No one needs to go overboard just yet. If you have not received tracking info by 9pm I would then worry.
View more options
You won't get any information regarding a time till tomorrow when a driver has your phone and his route planned.
Once he has his route, you get a one hour time slot.
I've received a notification at 10am for delivery slot of 11.42 - 12.42 before.
View more options

Last time I had a DPD delivery (from Wiggle) it went like this

Day before - 20:15

Your order will be delivered 5 Mar by DPD? Not in/ You can leave safe, with neighbour or change day www.dpd.co.uk/b/ref123

On the day 09.40

You DPD driver Bbrown will deliver your order today 11:30-12:30. Not in? You can leave safe or change day www.dpd.co.uk/b/ref123

View more options
Iv had about ten phones from Vodafone and always had an txt off dpd the day before as mark said above usually about 8ish but can be earlier
View more options
2: Seeker
I ordered a jet black 128gb 7 plus on launch before 8.30am, received confirmation text etc.

On Sunday I called up for a update as no emails were received and found out that the new ordering system used during launch day to assist with additional demand had messed up my order and had to reorder.

Just called up CS and the advisor has told me that in my case the jet black 7 plus is in backorder and my order would take 3-4 weeks!

On top of this I was charged the £160 upfront twice and had a message it will be added to my next bill.

Not impressed.
View more options
Hi Louise,

Thanks for the update.

It just seems somewhat disingenuous to advertise to people that they would get their new phone tomorrow when they actually may not.

I'll certainly be annoyed if I don't. Particularly as your tracking service currently says my order number is "invalid".

Best wishes,

Edd
View more options

It just seems somewhat disingenuous to advertise to people that they would get their new phone tomorrow when they actually may not.

Indeed. I was in two minds as to if I should order straight away or wait a few weeks to check out the models in person. But I saw the "Delivery Friday 16th" thing and figured why not, lets go for it, if it means I'll have it launch day. If it turns out I don't that would be pretty crappy to advertise and not deliver - further to that not to keep us up to date.

I guess we'll see what tonight brings.

View more options

Same here Eafin I was a bit worried as my number they gave me didn't work. so I just spoke to another advisor who told me that the number would not work until tomorrow. 

And to wait for the notification off Dpd.

not sure what to believe as they tell you different things each time. I generally think they don't know them selves.

View more options