main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Problem Adding Apple Watch to my SIM Plan

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi. I've rung customer services three times about connecting my Apple watch (bought from Apple) to my current SIM only plan.....to only now be told that my £20pm plan isn't suitable. 

They've now told me I have to upgrade my SIM to a £32pm plan in order for them to enable my Apple watch connection.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct information?

Many Thanks

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
3: Seeker

Doesn't sound right.. I'm on a £19 per month Vodafone SIM-only plan, and was able to add the Apple Watch to mine.

View more options

The first two times I called Vodafone they checked my plan and said it was ok to proceed. The third time I called he said I had to change my plan to £32pm for 30gb data. Obviously I refused. 

Can a Vodafone employee please clarify.

Thanks

View more options
3: Seeker

Have you tried Vodafone's online eligibility checker, and/or just adding the Watch to your Vodafone account as part of the setup process when you pair the Watch with your iPhone?

View more options

When I first got the watch the  eligibility  checker said I was ok for a connection. The watch app on my iPhone currently says my plan isn’t set up for it and to call 191. 

When I press the cellular button on my watch it says no plan.

View more options

Just tried Eligibility checker again and it said this....

“Thanks for using Apple Watch Eligibility Checker.You have in Progress order for the service. Please call Vodafone on 191 for help.”

I’m confused. 

View more options

Hey @jpa3, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Apple Watch connected and understand how frustrating this must be.

So I can investigate further, I'll need to access your account. To do this securely, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

I’ve replied to your message above but not heard back from you. Do I have to leave Vodafone at renewal time so I can connect my Apple Watch for a reasonable fee at EE. ??

View more options

@jpa3 I'm sorry you haven't had a response from us yet, you should have received an automated email with your reference number - which looks something like this [#12345678]. Can you please confirm this back to me? Once you've done this, I'll be able to check if we've received your details.

We'd be really sad to see you go if you decided to cancel and we'd love the opportunity to turn this experience around for you and help get your Apple Watch connected.

View more options

Hi Loz.....

My Sim received an update just today weirdly and now my Apple Watch seems to be connected to the Vodafone network.

After being told on the phone via Vodafone customer services last week that I'd have to upgrade my contract to one that costs £32pm.....I'd more or less given up.

Why was I told that??....I guess I'll never know.

Anyway thanks for replying but all seems good atm.

View more options

You're welcome @jpa3, I'm pleased to hear your Apple Watch is now connected and working for you 👍 I'm sorry for any conflicting information you've received previously, if there's anything else we're able to help you with, don't hesitate to pop us a message.

View more options