Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem unlocking iPhone 5C

InterElec
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying desperately to pass my iPhone 5C handset on to my son, after I reached the end of my 2 year contract with Vodafone. I have sorted an ID mobile SIM (which I've started paying for!) but getting Vodafone to unlock the phone is proving impossible.

I filled in the NUC online form over 2 weeks ago. I've called Vodafone and have contacted them via online chat, and have emailed NUC Resolutions directly (ref: 17402845). Can anyone at Vodafone tell me if the request has even gone to Apple?!

I've read threads on here that suggest connecting to itunes which I've now done, but it just says that the SIM isn't supported.                 PLEASE HELP.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @InterElec

The iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) Its not unlocked at this stage. 

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only usually needed if its an iphone 4s or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@InterElec If it's been more than 10 days since you raised your case with the NUC resolutions team, please see the private message I've sent, with details on how to get in touch with us.