main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Problem with connect Apple Watch with mobile plan

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

So here we are - I was in store. They told me that there is new contract the same like old one (so now I have two) and they don’t know what tech team wants to do next with it so we didn’t change anything. Anyway they told me that there’s a mess in watch connection (they saw what tech team tried to do in logs). So I’m still waiting. 83rd day

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear the problem with your Apple Watch still isn't resolved @GrandL, if you'd like us to take another look into this please get back to our last email. 

View more options

@TJ wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear the problem with your Apple Watch still isn't resolved @GrandL, if you'd like us to take another look into this please get back to our last email. 

Hello.

unfortunately but after all this time I’m sure of that you and your tech team cannot help me with that so no bother- I will continue my story in this topic - maybe it will be a lesson for someone who think about data plan in Apple Watch.

View more options

@GrandL We won't be able to help without a response from you. If you do change your mind, we'll be more than happy to take a look. 

View more options
Highlighted
JGB 2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Afraid I have given up.. I don’t have the patience for this any more....

View more options
3: Seeker

I’ve had nothing but problems with Vodafone and Apple Watch cellular connectivity , having spent over 20 hours on their useless customer support they failed to resolve this . They simply aren’t able to supply a working service . In fact I’ve given up with then and moved to EE where the watch set up worked out of the box first time . My advice to anyone wanting a cellular apple wsatch do NOT use Vodafone they are appalling 

View more options
MRZ 2: Seeker

Hi GrandL,

I’ve read through this entire thread and I’m in the same boat as you! It’s been nearly 3 weeks that I bought my watch directly from Apple. I’m on a sim-only contract with Vodafone. I feel the same pain as you and others but what gets me is that Vodafone has made me hate my iPhone XS Max. It was a lovely phone to use, Face ID for all my banking and iCloud key chain for safe password keeping was an absolute joy until Vodafone sabotaged it all. They’ve constantly asked me reset my settings to resolve the issue but it never does. Now it feels like my phone is held at ransom by them because I can’t set it up for me as they keep asking me reset it! It’s a nightmare. I’m locked out of 2 banking apps and it’s huge inconvenience to set it up all again. I bought my girlfriend an apple watch and hers was set up with mobile data in 20 seconds. I’m still struggling to do the same! 

Has anybody had any success with this issue?  Surely, they need to raise this issue with Apple to see where things are going wrong, or is it just their incompetent advisors that are setting up these watches wrong in the first place? I think mine was set up with the original number I got before I ported my current number from a previous network. Why would you do that when you carry out security check and confirm the number when we call you????

Their advisors ‘guarantee’ you that the issue would be resolved by the end of the call but a false promise everytime. @Vodafone, please take this feedback in to account and stop encouraging your advisors to make false promises. Just be honest with us and tell us what’s gone wrong? 

20 days and counting...

View more options

I have had a similar problem with Vodafone they are hopeless at understanding the Apple Watch and I spent hours on the phone and in store trying to sort it out with no success . I have complained and complained to them and have now left them after over twenty years as a loyal customer I suggest you do the same . I now ha e a working Apple Watch which was set up and functioning with my phone in under an hour , just not with Vodafone . 

View more options

@MRZ wrote:

Hi GrandL,

I’ve read through this entire thread and I’m in the same boat as you! It’s been nearly 3 weeks that I bought my watch directly from Apple. I’m on a sim-only contract with Vodafone. I feel the same pain as you and others but what gets me is that Vodafone has made me hate my iPhone XS Max. It was a lovely phone to use, Face ID for all my banking and iCloud key chain for safe password keeping was an absolute joy until Vodafone sabotaged it all. They’ve constantly asked me reset my settings to resolve the issue but it never does. Now it feels like my phone is held at ransom by them because I can’t set it up for me as they keep asking me reset it! It’s a nightmare. I’m locked out of 2 banking apps and it’s huge inconvenience to set it up all again. I bought my girlfriend an apple watch and hers was set up with mobile data in 20 seconds. I’m still struggling to do the same! 

Has anybody had any success with this issue?  Surely, they need to raise this issue with Apple to see where things are going wrong, or is it just their incompetent advisors that are setting up these watches wrong in the first place? I think mine was set up with the original number I got before I ported my current number from a previous network. Why would you do that when you carry out security check and confirm the number when we call you????

Their advisors ‘guarantee’ you that the issue would be resolved by the end of the call but a false promise everytime. @Vodafone, please take this feedback in to account and stop encouraging your advisors to make false promises. Just be honest with us and tell us what’s gone wrong? 

20 days and counting...

Mate today is my 133rd day of waiting. I gave up already.

View more options

@MRZ wrote:

Has anybody had any success with this issue? 

Well.. yeah. I mean.. I've had no issues. I'm on a SIM-only deal like you. Picked up my Apple Watch from John Lewis last Saturday. The Watch app on my phone asked if I wanted to set up mobile data, so I tapped to proceed. I then had to log into Vodafone's website and confirm the subscription. I then instantly got a text from Vodafone saying they'd received my order and were working on it, and a few seconds later the Watch app said mobile data was all set up. And indeed it was. 

View more options

Good for you mate. Sadly, when I click on ‘set up mobile data’ I get a white screen asking me to wait and it just goes back to asking me to set up mobile data again. 

View more options

@MRZ wrote:

Good for you mate. Sadly, when I click on ‘set up mobile data’ I get a white screen asking me to wait and it just goes back to asking me to set up mobile data again. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you and others have had.. I know it must be frustrating. I'm wondering if Vodafone's mess of different billing systems could be involved in the problems (I only joined in the last three years, so am guessing I'm on the latest one). 

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@MRZ We'd be more than happy to look in to your issue for. If you need to contact us, I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Joe

View more options

It's okay Joe, I've returned my Apple Watch as I have zero confidence that Vodafone is able to resolve this issue - better get out now before i'm stuck with something that i cant use to it's full potential. Will wait for contract with Vodafone to finish before I switch to EE and then buy a new watch again, as it appears they seem to know what they're doing.

Thanks for the shout though. Word of advice - you clearly do not have a fix for this issue, get your techies together and find a solution before you lose more customers. 

View solution in original position

View more options

@MRZ wrote:

It's okay Joe, I've returned my Apple Watch as I have zero confidence that Vodafone is able to resolve this issue - better get out now before i'm stuck with something that i cant use to it's full potential. Will wait for contract with Vodafone to finish before I switch to EE and then buy a new watch again, as it appears they seem to know what they're doing.

Thanks for the shout though. Word of advice - you clearly do not have a fix for this issue, get your techies together and find a solution before you lose more customers. 

And that is the best answer in my subject. Thank you for that.

View more options

Do bother I had all this 24 hour promise abs call you back , never worked never happened . So glad I’ve ditched Vodafone and so should anyone who wants a working Apple Watch 

View more options

After 203 days they solved it. I don’t know what they have done but I’ll ask.

That was the longest journey which I ever had with any help desk in my life. 

If I will get any information how they did it I write it here. Good luck and white replays if you want to be informed.

View more options

Hello GrandL

i am having exactly the same problem and i am DAY 12. i have referred this to customer complaints and i am dealing with a really nice guy but he has been working on a solution for a week and my watch is no nearer to being connected. i have no confidence in Vodaone to deliver and am going to insist on my contract being torn up so i can find a proper company that does not mis-sell a product. i have seen people waiting over 80 days to get this resolved which is very poor. my wife recently left vodafone after some 10 years. good luck!

View more options
1: Seeker

hi i have the same problem and have been working with vodafione for 5 weeks now and my moblie data still isnt working, their is a lady called Chloe on the customer complaints department and she is working with me to try and fix the issue .

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @j0anne, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having getting your cellular connection working on your Apple Watch. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options