main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

iOS

Problem with connect Apple Watch with mobile plan

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted

That's strange @Taylorlondon! We'll be happy to take a look into this and make sure everything is correct, as we'll need access to your account to do this, pop us a message on Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be able to help.

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I'm considering buying an Apple Watch S5 from Apple to connect to VF, but reading this I'm pretty concerned.

Has anyone managed to get an Apple Watch working with a VF pay monthly phone deal, or is this thread an understandably cross minority?

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

It's a major problem Vodafone have . I was with them over 20 years and spent six weeks and over 20 hours on phone to tech support and tried two iPhones and two watches . They are not capable of providing a working service and admitted as much when I finally turned equipment and cancelled contract . Prior to that I was told 'wait 24 hours for devices to sync' repeatedly which is wrong they should work out of box if esim configured correctly . Trust me it was so much hassle I moved to EE and it worked straight away . I would never go back to Vodafone such a bad time consuming stressful experience and total lack of competent customer service

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I was with EE before, but had to move  due to lack of signal at my workplace unfortunately. 

With EE you can just sign up for their plan through the Mobile Data section of the Watch app - no need to be on the phone to customer services. Which is what concerns me here - it looks as though the VF systems are a bit more lashed together from what is being said, which doesn't fill me with confidence. Buying the GPS-only version might be lower risk for me. 

View more options
Highlighted

I’m on day 6 and if one more person tells me to wait 24hrs! I’m going to cancel my contract and go somewhere else. Been with Vodafone for 20 years. Such a shame. 

View more options
Highlighted

This is exactly what I had with them over a year ago with Apple Watch . Hopeless and told to wait a day and then would connect , wasted so much time with them , moved to EE and watch connected in store in under five minutes . Don’t waste your time with vodaphone they are inept when it comes to the Apple Watch 

View more options
Highlighted

Yeah I tried talking to you on Twitter. Nothing happened. I’ve spoken to too many of you via chat and on the phone. You don’t have a fix for this. I don’t know why you tell people you do!

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

You can activate cellular when you first set up your Apple Watch. During setup, look for the option to set up cellular, then follow the onscreen steps.

You can also set up cellular later from the Apple Watch app:

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Cellular.
  3. Tap Set Up Cellular.
  4. Follow the instructions for your carrier. You might need to contact your carrier for help.
View more options
Highlighted

@Jerry, that’s how it works on EE and o2, should be the same on Vodafone but there’s been an issue with this for around 2 years now, I left Vodafone because they couldn’t resolve. 

View more options

Please do not bother trying to get an Apple Watch to work with Vodafone One Number. Have spent over a week and over 10 hours talking to technical on 191. The dishonesty is mind boggling and the number of times I have been told “This will take 24 Hours”. I have spoken to managers and their managers and frankly I have finally given up and am sending back my Apple Watch5 and will buy a £10 Watch to give me the time which will be a relief. My advice is just forget this process. It would be interesting to actually hear from someone who has a cellular watch working with Vodafone. Oh and not an employee from Vodafone 😡😡😡 I   know people will say but do I not realise that there is this thing called coronavirus. I do appreciate this and what I  am only asking for is some honesty from Vodafone. They only need to say that due to bla bla bla we are experiencing problems with getting connections working and our experience is that it will take 6 months to get linked. Then we can make a reasoned decision as to whether it is actually worth it. These watches are really not cheap and I am not prepared to just roll over and have a Watch costing nearly £800 which does not do what you have paid for it to do 

View more options
Highlighted

Change networks to get full use of the watch, yes very frustrating 

View more options
Highlighted

I would change networks but here in South West only Vodafone offer any form of consistent connection. 

View more options
Highlighted

We can help with getting your Apple Watch connected @Toulton. If you haven't already, please do drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter. Our team will be able to access your account to get this fully resolved for you. By including your Community username and a link to your post you won't need to write out your query again. From there we'll jump straight in to get this fixed 👍 

View more options
Highlighted

What a shame. I don't understand that literally no one under this thread has claimed to have a working Apple Watch with cellular and Vodafone is still selling these services as well as the device. How much combined wasted time is? Thousands of hours? Someone from senior management needs to come here explain the situation and stop selling a product that clearly does not work. 

Thinking about leaving VF indeed.

View more options
Highlighted

It’s disgraceful and not fixed despite this thread . Vodafone are a disgrace and I had been with them 20 years !

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @sandsea15 

Are you having an issue with your Apple Watch? If so, can you provide us a little more detail on the issue and any error messages? 

You can check out the device guides on our website here that might be able to help. 

View more options
Highlighted

i have the same issue brand new installed 

when to setup up data log in then it takes me to screen 

you reached the top of the moutain

you've added the maximum number of devices per contract . to add more please cancel one of your existing subscriptions, you can manage your subscriptions in my vodafone app,

so log in to vodafone app onenumber and see the watch they and eid number is what on watch so why not connecting?

regards

steve

View more options
Highlighted

startstartloginloginthis is what i getthis is what i getwhen i login to onenumber eid number is same as watch but i get the message on 3 pic have unpaired deleted old back up and started a gain and still get the same message as 3 picwhen i login to onenumber eid number is same as watch but i get the message on 3 pic have unpaired deleted old back up and started a gain and still get the same message as 3 pic

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @stevekirk. If you speak to our Twitter or Facebook team, we can see if we can get you down from this mountain and your Apple Watch connected. You can find the contact details here 👍

View more options
Highlighted

I am having this exact infuriating experience and have spent upwards of 20 hours trying to sort this and get the watch working. Currently it won’t make or receive calls despite EID set up and showing it’s connected to Vodafone. Even more galling I was directed from here to twitter where midway through two conversations with customer service they just stopped replying. I have broadband, mobile and watch through Vodafone and will be looking to change suppliers.

View more options