main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Problem with connect Apple Watch with mobile plan

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Hi @Grandl I’m having the exact same issue as you. Can you share how it got resolved in the end? 

Thank you.

View more options
4: Newbie

@Icepeek wrote:

Hi @Grandl I’m having the exact same issue as you. Can you share how it got resolved in the end? 

Thank you.

Of course I can!

here is the message from directors office what they have done with my issue:

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent experience. I'm really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team on 2 May 2019.   

You have asked us to provide an email to state what we had done to resolve the issue with the pairing of your Apple watch to your mobile device.

Just to recap, we had spoken to our technical team in regards to the issue with the pairing of your Apple watch to your mobile device, it was decided that we would send you a new Apple watch from Vodafone to replace your third party Apple watch. We had agreed with yourself to disconnect your Apple watch and your mobile device from the Vodafone network, we then as agreed re-connected your mobile number back onto the Vodafone network. Once we could see that your mobile number was showing on our network, we the reconnected the Apple watch we had provided.

This action refreshed your mobile number and the Apple watch identity onto the Vodafone network, due to this both devices were able to pair with each other and now have a full working service as you have verified with us.

So to sum up:
- never contact with 191 - they know nothing (like John Snow)
- if your watch won't be connected after 24 hours there is 99% percent of chance this watch cannot be connected at all - Vodafone has to send you another watch (there is no choice with colour/kind of so if you have for example Hermes edition or steel one then will be a problem because they have only normal one - aluminium grey) and you have to give your back to them even if you bought yours in apple for cash.
- you have to contact with directors office - [Removed] - and tell them all the story
- Vodafone has to completely disconnect your account/number and pair it all again - its like making new account - after all on my "new" contract i have a start date at 2.05.2019 even if my real contract started 27.12.2017 (you can change it later (after solving problem) when you call to 191 and tell them you want to change it - they will see it in logs on your account).

If you have any questions just write here.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]
View more options
3: Seeker

Yet another half-baked Vodafone production, just like Visual Voicemail. 

Wish I had read this before I purchased a 4g series 5...

View more options

I am having the same issue with Samsung galaxy watch active. So it looks like it not just IOS it's cross-platform. I was told the 24hrs ##~## for over a week now, in the end, I just cancelled my one number.  I wished I read this before joining Vodafone I would have gone with EE as I recently just joined Vodafone purely because of getting the one number and now am stuck for the next 12 months.  

View more options

It looks like Vodafone still cannot get a phone and watch working , I don't know why all I can say is that since I switched to EE it worked out of the box in the shop and I have never had any problems . If you are using the cellular watch function do not use Vodafone they are beyond hopeless and their customer service is totally ineffectual at resolving it 

View more options

I wish I knew before I joined them a month ago. Like how hard is it maybe they need to go for training with EE or buy that part of the system to integrate. 

This could just be a simple mismatch of date/time on the server that suppose to link watch and phone.  I have to continue to wait and hope for the best I guess am stuck here for another 11months. It funny they advertised themselves as best uk network 

View more options

I have this exact problem after a sim swap in August this year:

Visited Vodafone store in Cambridge they said theyd resolved

Received a text confirming plan was in place and ready to use.

Visited Vodafone store in Oxford Street (London) said they'd resolved

3 chat sessions, all positive... but still not fixed

1 visit to Cambridge Apple genius bar to be assured its a subscription issue on Vodafone

Help!

View more options

Definitely not worth the £7 a month Vodafone is trying to charge for this now is it? What are they thinking...

I had 3 support attempts with VF as well and decided to give up and asked for the service to be removed - still got charged 23p on my next bill for 3 days of no service?! 

They thankfully reversed that, would've happily raised an Ofcom complaint regarding this. No love lost.

View more options

People need to know do not get an Apple watch with Vodafone they are hopeless and customer service diabolical . After being with them for over 20 years I am so glad I left having spent over 15 hours on the 191 customer support who were anything but . Apple should not allow Vodafone to supply their watch as Vodafone are not fit for purpose 

View more options

Thanks.

I was with three but because I wanted the watch paired for one number so it be easier when I go on my run/exercise I could leave my phone at home. so I had to choose between vodafone and EE (orange back then) and I've had bad experience with EE over charging in the past so i thought Vodafone is the better of the two evil. But now am regretting big time as am bagging my head against a brick wall. No one seems to know anything. All you get we have raised support ticket for third line engineer.

View more options

Our team will be happy to help with anyone experiencing issues with their connection between the Apple Watch and their mobile number. 

Please pop us a private message on Facebook or Twitter with a link to your post, your Community username, your full name and mobile number. We'll then be able to get to the bottom of what's causing this for you and will be committed to resolving things.

View more options

I spent many hours on the phone with multiple re assurances that within 24 hours phone and watch would be paired - it never happened . I repeat my experience Vodafone cannot pair an iPhone and cellular Apple Watch at all - the customer service agents don't understand the issue - I urge anyone who wants this functionality to avoid Vodafone it's an awful stressful experience 

View more options

No issue with Vodafone, things go wrong sometimes. With so many staff a customer never will receive the same service level each time. I rely on my watch being on cellular as often have to leave the phone somewhere else.  Have sent DM via Twitter.

View more options

Now I'm at my wits end

Twitter - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Chat 1 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Store visit 1 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Chat 2 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Store visit 2 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Store visit 3 -helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Chat 3 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

my Vodafone account looks like a dogs 🐕 dinner where they've been adding and removing £7 plan to see if it will activate.

if I'd removed the plan I probably would have to eat humble pie and persevere, but I didn't remove the plan it just vanished off my account.

Whats the next way to try and get this resolved?

View more options

Trust me you won't . Vodafone are hopeless with Apple Watch , I've spent over 25 hours on phone and a new watch and still no success .

leave them and save yourself the time and stress . I joined EE it worked out of the box with no problems and not looked back since and I've been with Vodafone over 20 years 

View more options

@Taylorlondon wrote:

Now I'm at my wits end

Twitter - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Chat 1 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Store visit 1 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Chat 2 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Store visit 2 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Store visit 3 -helpful promised resolve but no resolve

Chat 3 - helpful promised resolve but no resolve

my Vodafone account looks like a dogs 🐕 dinner where they've been adding and removing £7 plan to see if it will activate.

if I'd removed the plan I probably would have to eat humble pie and persevere, but I didn't remove the plan it just vanished off my account.

Whats the next way to try and get this resolved?

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Unable-to-connect-my-samsung-watch-active-2-to-vodafone-...

View more options

It's disappointing to hear you keep getting promised a fix @Taylorlondon and no ones followed through and got you connected. Have you included your Vodafone Community username in your Twitter post? Let me know and I can try to track your post down and pick back up from there. 

View more options

I've just added my user ID to twitter post

View more options

Thanks @Taylorlondon - I've found your post. It looks like someones still looking into your Apple Watch issues, I've asked if they could get you an update later today. 

View more options