main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Problem with connect Apple Watch with mobile plan

SOLVED
View solved solution
stevekirk
3: Seeker

The got 6days to sort mine out or contract will end within 14days cool off 

past post to post and yes before you reply I have message and phone still not connected 

View more options
Taylorlondon
2: Seeker

Just checked my DM on twitter. 2018 my experience started, then I gave up. Then asked again for help in July 2019, seeing what people are writing indicates it’s still not been resolved. I’ve since joined o2, added watch instantly with ease.

View more options
Evie

Hey @Neilgadhok, I appreciate how frustrating this must be and we'd like to turn this around for you today. 

Have you heard anything back on Twitter yet? We don't have account access over this forum, so any actions taken would need to be done over social media, live chat or with our teams on the phone.

View more options
Neilgadhok

No and I have spoken to an advisor almost every day for a month. Just get told each time I would get a call back from someone else. It’s clear the Vodafone can’t provide a working line connection to an Apple Watch 5. I will have to go elsewhere and might as well take broadband too. Customer loyalty has to go both ways and in this instance doesn’t seem to mean a lot.

View more options
stevekirk

I just sent all products back within the 14 days cool off due to this problem Vodafone needs to sort system out or lose long time supporters 

View more options
Matthew843

It is amazing Vodafone still haven’t sorted out this problem . People need to stop going to Vodafone If they want a working Apple Watch with cellular connection !

View more options
Evie

Hey @stevekirk, I'm sorry to hear it's got to the point where you have had to return your devices.

I appreciate you've said you have already dropped us a message on social media, I'm hoping someone has got back to you so we are able to assist in anyway we can.

View more options
stevekirk

Hi Eve

what got to me being past around like a rag doll. Then being connected to agent and don’t message back. Vodafone need to stop selling the iwatch till the system 100%  as a lot to do with EID 

View more options
Taylorlondon

No longer on Vodafone but having experienced the full works, I can tell anyone that support although well meaning is no use......Twitter,191, director’s office and in store, yes there’s an issue with the platform the EID sits on, ‘one number’ doesn’t sync to the phone plan. That was from a very helpful support advisor based in Egypt, she was so helpful and thorough. If they could fix this I’d consider coming back.

View more options
djwiphone

Sadly still the same problems two years on. Depressing to see how long some people have had to keep trying. It needs Apple to withdraw Vodafone as one of their partners. This record of problems tells me that I have not just been unlucky and need to move from Vodafone. Alas, my contract runs until April 2021, but I fear that's the reason for the company's complacency - they know that most of us won't want to lose money by cancelling contracts.

View more options
Joe222

I am on my third week this time, and the second time (I tried last year and gave up). I can’t get the plan to work (iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch series 6). At the moment I have two plans showing up on my account. On the Apple Watch App there is one and it has been waiting forever more than 24 hours. That’s the newest one. The other one appears active and with the right EID. It was briefly working on Sunday and I thought I finally reached nirvana, but it didn’t last. I don’t want to spend 200+ days on this. Can some one from Vodafone help? I’ll give it another 2 days to sort it out and otherwise cancel the account. Should be plenty of time, but seeing this thread and my personal experience, not holding my breadth. Help, please. 

View more options
Evie

Hey guys @djwiphone @Joe222 - We really appreciate your ongoing patience with us,  I understand how important this is to get sorted. If you haven't already could you contact us on social media? We can get this looked into and get your Apple Watches working as they should be.

Make sure to include a link to this forum thread, your forum username and your mobile/account number 😊

View more options
Joe222

Hi Evie,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account. May I ask why a support forum — created for the purpose of giving support — would require yet going to some other forum — social or otherwise — to provide said support?

As for the live chat, thank you for the suggestion. I have no hopes of getting a working solution with live chat — specially given that you have replied in the same manner to countless people on this forum without them reaching a satisfactory outcome; and to which you seem oblivious — but, being as it is close to the festive period, why not? Thank you again for your support.

Joe

P.S. I would be really grateful if you could reply to my question about why a support forum requires the use of yet another support forum. I am truly curious. Thank you.

View more options
stevekirk

Joe do what I did had same issues couldn’t be solved so sent all back within 14days went back on to old contract (still with Vodafone) waited 3 weeks then ordered all again and worked straight away

View more options
djwiphone

Pleased to report that my watch is now working. There is clearly a problem with setting up accounts correctly to work with Apple Watch. I too ended up with two devices on my account and discovered I was paying twice. The support agent then managed to disconnect the watch that had been functioning fine for a couple of weeks in her attempt to resolve this (despite assuring me that this wouldn't happen!), Another week of no connection before it was re-connected. Twitter DM seemed to be the best way to get things done, but it still takes days to make progress.  

The bigger problem is the inability to talk to somebody at Vodafone when you have such a problem. On line chat is just too slow and frustrating. However, I'm sure once my contract renewal date approaches that someone from VF will be on the phone to me with some amazing deal! I plan to investigate people's experience with EE when it does come to renewal time, just in case they're not better or even worse. Apple need to be on VF's case because I will hold back from upgrading my watch for as long as possible next time, so I don't have to go through the experience again.

View more options
Joe222

Thanks @stevekirk, might give that a try after the holidays. In any case, yesterday I called to cancel the plan to connect to the watch. I was brief and didn't discuss any details. Mentioned that it hadn't been working so I was hoping no charge would come out of it. This morning? The watch is working; my Apple Watch App shows a total of 4 plans(!) — two of them under the "Not in use" banner, and two more as in being used, though the one with the checkmark is the one that says "Waiting" just below it. And online, though the Vodafone app, I can see that I have two Apple watches connected, both of which display the correct EID. 

Guessing I'll have to call to have one of those disconnected, or risk being charged twice, but worried that, now that I have it working, it will stop yet again :Sad_face:

Best,
Joe

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand this must be frustrating @Joe222, but as we aren't able to access personal accounts over this forum, for anything that requires account access, we do try and steer you towards the best contact option to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. 

View more options
angelpieamy
1: Seeker

I had a month of issues speaking to Vodafone every day or every few days. I had 3 new One Numbers... it was eventually solved by calling Apple who actually know what they are doing and they talked me through the connection over the phone and it worked straight away. Just go to the apple homepage and go to help and request a call. 

View more options