main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Problems getting an unlock code

2: Seeker

I got a new Iphone and transferred my number from my old iPhone to my new one. Now I want to unlock my old Iphones network so I can sell it. The NUC forum wouldn’t work and I was emailed to say that my IMBE number doesn’t match the one on my account which I assume is because my account is with the new Iphone I have. How do I unlock my old phone if technically I don’t have a phone number for it?

View more options
2 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

All you should need to do is fill out the unlocking Nuc form which is on the Left hand side of the forum page under Quick Links. 

Use your original current number and account info.

It should not matter that youve upgraded. The original iPhone's imei number will be on file. Im assuming there hasn't been a period of time that youve not hsed it on Vodafone and it was originally supplied by Vodafone and either Apple or an Insurance company hasn't swapped it out under the manufacturing warranty?

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can help with this too. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too)

The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network. Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

@Adelejamiesonx - We can check your account and then re-request it for you.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. ☺️

View more options