Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Receive and send E-mails while on 4G

Maroc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cannot receive or send E-mail when on 4G , but everything works fine when I am on WIFI

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Maroc 

You don't mention the device you are using for your mobile broadband.  I would put this down to your device email settings.  Please refer to device guides here: Device Guides 

I have moved this thread to the correct board @Maroc where you will receive a better response. There may be other members on the forum with an i phone who will be able to give you a better reply.

At a guess this will be connected to your i messages. Make sure mobile data is turned on in your message settings.

I am using an IPHONE XR , I have already contacted Apple and they refer me back to Vodafone

Hi @Maroc, have you checked out the device guide in the message that @AnnS posted?
Could you also check if the toggle for your e-mail is switch on. Just go to Settings > Mobile Data > Scroll down to 'Mail' and the toggle on the right hand side should be green.

Hi 

Yes I have done both , still not able to receive or send E-mails

What happens when you try to send an e-mail from your handset, do you get any error messages? Are all your other apps and web browsers working when connected to mobile data? Also, have you ever been able send or receive e-mails on 4G? Can you check the link here, this will show you the correct internet settings for your phone. 

Hi 

I am now able to send E-mail but NOT receiving Emails

Every time  I open the outlook app and refresh for new messages , all I am getting checking for Mail

I have switched off and on my devise but nothing has changed

Also to add , this issue only started lately , two to three weeks ago

Before I used to send and receive E-mails with no problems

AnnS

This will be your incoming outlook email settings @Maroc try setting this up as IMAP.

Follow the advise from Microsoft here: Set up an Outlook account in the iOS Mail app 

I would delete Outlook completely and try setting this up again from the beginning with outgoing and incoming IMAP settings.