Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Remove Blacklist

Ilariafalso
1: Seeker

i lost my phone and we blacklisted it trough Vodafone. Then I found my phone again and we asked Vodafone to take the blacklist off. We did it via email, via chat and twice we have been told that all the restriction were lifted. After a week nothing happened. Then we got in touch via chat again and one more time we have been told that the blacklist was removed. But nothing. Then I went in to a Vidaphone store and the guy in the shop said that the phone could not be unlocked by Vodafone because it was bought in carphone and warehouse, which is completely  different from what every one from Vodafone told us before and also when we locked the phone was done with Vodaphone. I don’t know what else to do. I would really like to have some guidance on this. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The advice from the Vodafone Highstreet Store is incorrect @Ilariafalso 

Only a network can apply an imei bar or remove it.

An independent such as Carphone Warehouse cannot.

As long as the iPhone has been used on the UK Vodafone Network then can help.

If customer service isn't helping or drawing a blank then try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter as they have account access.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

The Social Media links I've provided are the Official links that the Vodafone Forum Team here would provide you once they caught up and have read your thread.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Ilariafalso 

Whereas blacklisting is instant, it can always take longer than expected to remove a blacklist.  Also, if you are using the same SIM in the phone at time of loss, the SIM would have also been barred and that would be something worth checking with Customer Services, you may benefit from a replacement SIM once any restrictions have been removed from your account.

The person you spoke to in the store needs some serious training if he is under the illusion that blacklisting can't be removed unless the phone was purchased direct from Vodafone.