Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMTP on data not working

markhad
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cannot get SMTP working over data,  It works fine on wifi.

I have 3 different SMTPs I can use.  They all work fine over wifi but not when using vodafone.  I have tried various ports (465, 587, 25) and have tried send.vodafone.net

What often happens is I can't change the ports, it just hangs on the verification stage but sometimes it goes through

I have set it up on the same phone i have for work which uses o2 and works fine (i have an iphone x on ios 12) - all the smtps above verify and send happily

So I can see that everything works except when I send on vodafone 4g.

2 REPLIES 2

waarif
4: Newbie

@markhad wrote:

I cannot get SMTP working over data,  It works fine on wifi.

I have 3 different SMTPs I can use.  They all work fine over wifi but not when using vodafone.  I have tried various ports (465, 587, 25) and have tried send.vodafone.net

What often happens is I can't change the ports, it just hangs on the verification stage but sometimes it goes through

I have set it up on the same phone i have for work which uses o2 and works fine (i have an iphone x on ios 12) - all the smtps above verify and send happily

So I can see that everything works except when I send on vodafone 4g.

Hi Mark,

Is data browsing ok? Take your sim out of your phone and insert it in again and you will get the data settings sent again to your fone.  Have you tried a network reset to see if that helps

Thanks

Wakar

Thank you for your post.  Yes, data is running fine - I can brwose, receive emails etc without issue.  Just cannot send on data.  I will do the other 2 resets and post back if it works or not.