Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Same network different price

mancman
4: Newbie

I’m interested in treating myself to the iPhone X for an upgrade but when I phoned and enquirer about it I informed Vodafone I was entitled to a discount with an other network due to them providing company phones. I was informed by Vodafone that this was against apple law to give discounts. Having said that I was offered a promotion for I phone x of unlimited calls and texts and 16gb of internet for £200up front and 60 something pound a mouth. On a website the same package was £99 upfront and £62 a month with a £6 monthly discount included in price. Is someone telling fibs to get more money off me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mancman

The advisor would have been recommending the SIM only flexible ugrade option.  This will entitle you to a handset upgrade after 3 months with the remaining time left on the SIM only written off by Vodafone.  There is further information on the link below.

Flexible Upgrades

The iphone x is high in demand and where there more damand than supply, the phone will remain at a higher price.  Apple are very passionate about their brand and do not want networks undercutting each other offering discounts resulting in their products being devalued.

The site you are referring to would be a third party dealer site without a network to maintain and additional overheads and are free to set their own tariffs. 

It may also be worth looking at the Vodafone Advantage on contracts purchased direct from the network.

Vodafone Advantage

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mancman

Discounts on iPhone's are few and far between. 

Why ? Simply because they are a must have brand so the Networks dont have to discount them. 

As the iPhone X is a flagship model people are clamouring for it. 

Independents like Carphone Warehouse may offer something but then you become their customer with Vodafone supplying the network connection. 

Discounts such as VEA Employers Discount isnt available if the contract isnt taken out or upgraded directly with Vodafone.

When upgrading its best to do this at the end of the contract term and not the early upgrade date as your in a better position to negotiate. Ring 191 and choosing thinking of leaving option should get you through to Vodafone Retentions. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I’m on sim only at the moment I’m due an early upgrade and my phone not in the best condition and unreliable I phoned 191 and they said I can end the sim only contract by paying £55 or wait 4months then I can 30 days notice I think free. I just thought considering I’ve been with them 17yrs I thought a bit of loyalty back wouldn’t have harmed them. Thanks for your reply you’ve always been very helpful to me it’s all very much appreciated 

AnnS

Hi @mancman

The advisor would have been recommending the SIM only flexible ugrade option.  This will entitle you to a handset upgrade after 3 months with the remaining time left on the SIM only written off by Vodafone.  There is further information on the link below.

Flexible Upgrades

The iphone x is high in demand and where there more damand than supply, the phone will remain at a higher price.  Apple are very passionate about their brand and do not want networks undercutting each other offering discounts resulting in their products being devalued.

The site you are referring to would be a third party dealer site without a network to maintain and additional overheads and are free to set their own tariffs. 

It may also be worth looking at the Vodafone Advantage on contracts purchased direct from the network.

Vodafone Advantage