Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sending texts to a specific number

CharG1401
1: Seeker
One friend cannot receive my texts. She can text me, and we can call each other, but when I text her my iPhone says delivered but she never actually receives. I have reset my network settings, and I have tried deleting the contact and re-adding. Any help gratefully received!
14 REPLIES 14

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello CharG1401

If other texts are being received by other numbers and the texts is leaving the network, and you receive a delivery report to let you know the texts has been delivered, its more than likely a problem with the person receiving the texts.

You dont mention what phone your friend has, but ask your friend to try and update the phone on the network by doing a manual roam onto an alternative network and back onto Vodafone.  Your friend can also try deleting and readding you as a contact. Your friend can also contact her provider and enquire as to the reason a text cannot be received by your number.

CharG1401
1: Seeker
Thank you AnnS

She has an iPhone on O2. I'll see if what you have suggested works. Thanks again!

I have had the same problem with my 5S since the day I got it. 2 regular contacts do not recieve texts from me, yet there were no problems with the iPhone I used before the upgrade. I have tried all the suggestions noted above with no success. I have been into two Vodafone shops with one of the people who can't get my texts, and the shops said it was her network (O2). However, the other person who can't get texts from me is on Vodafone.

Still, as long as I use WhatsApp I can contact them both without problems.

The other issue I've had recent is constant Call back 121 messages coming up on my screen, yet when I do, there are no voicemails.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Vfxdog,

Please ask your friends to check your details in their phones. It's possible that they've blocked incoming calls and texts from your number by accident. This would be why you've seen it on two different phones and why Whatsapp still works. 

If they don't know how to check the contact details they have for you, let me know the phone models they're using. I'll see if I can talk you through the process for each of them. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

The folk in the shops already tried that with the O2 phone. They said it must be the O2 network, but then the same thing happened with a friend on the Voda network. The problem started literally the moment I changed to the 5S.

I have seen other postings here about the same issue.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vfxdog,

We can take a closer look from our end at the Vodafone number that’s not receiving your texts.

Please get in touch here and send examples of the dates and times, along with the Vodafone number.

Thanks,

Gemma

Gemma- your link takes me to the Private Messages Inbox. 

Is that what you intended?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vfxdog, 

That's right. 

Please follow the instructions in the PM where it says 'Click here and enter your information'. 

Thanks, 

Gemma

Your PM wasn't there when I looked. It has now arrived and I have filled out the form.