Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Same problem I’m having! I’ve given details in the form provided in your private message @Alex

Hi @Alex; I'm having the same problems with my new Apple Watch 4 - being forced to do subscribe to the £5 plan which then fails a credit check despite already having a new Apple Watch plan fron VF. Could you PM me please so I can provide you details as VF phone support has been very limited, Thanks.....

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SteLFC I'm with you, cheers for providing that extra info 👍 I'll popped over a private message to your inbox, please follow the instructions so you're able to get in contact with our team. 

@Splloyd94 Thanks for letting me know. You should have received an automated response containing a unique reference number. This will look like [#12233445] and if you let us know yours, we'll chase this up. 

@lloyd56 Of course I can, we'd be happy to see what's going on 🙂 If you could also contact us using the information in my private message, that would be great! 

@Alex reference is #19588774

I have had more fun and games. My 4g seems to have returned to normal now but apple watch still not working properly. 

I found out that the lady in customer services put the wrong serial number in the backend. (She thought that all apple watches had the same initial serial numbers.) that has been changed now but I still can't get cellular working. It says setup mobile data in back end and now says loading plan with a spinner. Then takes me back to setup mobile data again. Then says activating with a spinner. Then back to setup mobile data again. This is further than I got since they had the correct serial but still not working. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Splloyd94 Thanks for confirming, I've passed this on and we'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

@Nsjmurray It might be in your spam/junk email folder. I've checked on our end and we've received it, your reference number is [#19588875] 🙂 

@nathanp Okay so still a work in progress then. If you'd like us to check on your account, I've sent over our contact details via private message 👍

Hi @Alex I’ve filled in the form via your private message. Thanks

@Alex wrote:

@Splloyd94 Thanks for confirming, I've passed this on and we'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

@Nsjmurray It might be in your spam/junk email folder. I've checked on our end and we've received it, your reference number is [#19588875] 🙂 

@nathanp Okay so still a work in progress then. If you'd like us to check on your account, I've sent over our contact details via private message 👍

Hi Alex, 

thanks for confirming, can you advise when this will be looked into?

Will it be the 48 hours as advised?

I too have the problems people are mentioning. No data plan on watch. Etc etc. Any help or length of time to sort appreciated. 

Ps did anyone get the wrong strap with theirs? I got the sport one but wanted the material one that was shown on the initial launch page. 

@Alex

@Alex wrote:

@Nsjmurray @sorinc03 It's strange to see that you're failing these credit checks as you've already received the Apple Watches. If you've bought it directly through us, then you wouldn't need to pay the extra £5 per month to add it to your plan as you'll be paying for it monthly already. So we're able to have a closer look into your account, please contact us directly using the information in my private message

@ttt0mm @SimonTurp If Vodafone UK is still spinning and not loading, meaning your Apple Watch still hasn't paired correctly, then we'd just need to check your account to confirm it's all set up on our end. I've also sent you both a private message with details on how to contact our team. 

@nathanp I haven't seen anyone's 4G stop working once the plan and Apple Watch have been paired, is this still the case or is your 4G back up and running now? 

@Splloyd94 @Odinn74 If our Tech team are looking into this for you then fingers crossed it'll be resolved shortly. If you'd like our team to also have a look into your account, please contact us using the information in my private message

@e195 Where are you up to now? I can see you've been told you'd need to move to a newer plan, has this been done?

@SteLFC Thanks for posting on our Community page. There's a couple of different issues on this thread, please could you get back to us with which one you're facing? We'll then be able to best advise further 🙂

@C225 @tkei I'm happy to see both of your Apple Watches are successfully working 🎉

Hi Alex,

i submitted the info but didn’t get any kind of confirmation.