Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

chistery
16: Advanced member

I've just got loading plan / Waiting. Guess I need to wait 24 hours till I call back.

Surely when they sold us these watches the call plans should’ve been ready to automatically switch the day of release how can they have got it so wrong I thought it was too good a deal when they gave me a discount for the remainder of my plan. 

Could have saved money and bought the non cellular watch.

Bit of an update, just gave them a call again after speaking on the chat and was told that the error message I'm receiving - About my plan not being compatible with One Number - is one that Vodafone are already aware of and they are in the process of fixing it. I was told that my plan and phone are compatible, and that the serial number of my watch matches the one on the actual account. They said that within the next 24-48 hours it should be set up and they may contact me to tell me the next steps. For anyone having similar problems it might be worth leaving it until tomorrow, maybe Monday and seeing if there's any update. Hope this helps.

UPDATE FOR YOU PEOPLE

So ive had the same issue as you guys. Data not connecting.

Going onto "My Watch" app on cellular data, Vodafone UK showed under "not being used". So first I rang vodafone to be told the first story. "You cannot use it when its outside of bluetooth range," to which I replied with. why do i have a data plan for it then? and why am I telling you about how a product works?

I Then went into store and as it happens it was the store manager that came to help me He checked vodafones training resource "Fuse", Nothing on there about this issue. only how to set it up and pair it. he then wondered about the "CTR13 plan" to which i was on.  and whether it was to do with that. to which i found this post whilst i was there and someone saying i need to be on a CTR14 plan. He checked on how to swap me over to it but it was only saying i was eligable for an upgrade rather than changing over to it. My current plan was 16gb+ 10gb free, so the next plan was 32gb + spotify but that was £58pm compared to £50 now.

I asked if we swap over to that can i add the 15% discount for working for the NHS. he said we could try it. so I accepted and he swapped me over to it. to which it was active straight away. Then when i went on the "My watch" app and go to set up cellular it wants me to pay the £5 subscription.. the store manager stated give it til later and give them a ring on 191 if its not sorted and if  they cant sort it then to pop back instore tomorrow and he will go about doing it. Spent nearly an hour instore but wasnt too fussed as the manager was pleasent and helpful. I know its new technology and a new item for vodafone. although IMO vodafone should have briefed all staff and given the relevent training before hand on it all.

SO! I ring up tonight as its still wanting me to pay the £5 per month. Spoken to now 5 different people in an hour and a half period. all telling me different things. One saying im now on a business plan (im not) next the £5 a month is line rental and they cannot do anything about it. I stated I believe this is false information as theres nothing stated about that when i ordered it. instead i am paying £22 a month for 6 month then £27. I stated i do not want to be paying the £5 a month if its going to be added on top of the £27 a month at the end of the 6 month.

I was then told that the manager added me a discount so to compensate for the £5 fee.. this is also not true. the 15% discount is for anyone who works for the NHS. so again false information.

Ive asked to speak to a manager (typical ##~## off move) to which shes stated this is line rental and theres nothing they can do about it but they can offer me £20 compensation for it. I told them personally i think thats a kick in the teeth, I'm not complaining for compensation. it needs to be fixed! I've spent most of the day trying to deal with this. 30 min on the phone this morning, an hour in store and now an hour and a half tonight.

So I may just have to go instore tomorrow again a

for those with issues still... unpair your watch turn it off for 1-2hrs especially if Vodafone have done the work back end (technical) then re pair it... then go to the mobile data option on the watch if it works it should then show you a plan... it is worth trying and hope it helps you 

3CCD24CF-FA00-4F5D-B127-DEF4EE6583EA.jpeg

As you can see the secondary is my watch number it is different but if you call that number it also calls iPhone/Watch or if you ring IPhone number it calls the iPhone/Watch  I would suggest logging into my Vodafone on a computer and not the app and see if you have a 2nd line enabled as that should then indicate your watch is working back end at Vodafone and could just need to be re paired as mentioned 

chistery

Can't see the image yet, but I also can't see an addtional number on my account.

I see the second number on my account. so ill try and repair now.

Lucky you

I’ve been able to see the second line on my account since yesterday and tried unpairing and repairing many times since with no luck