Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

No don’t worry I knew what you meant. No harm done. They rang me back anyway and told me that I am in fact on the correct plan apparently. To be fair to them they were ringing me and trying to help, which I appreciate, but still no luck. Last chance saloon tomorrow I think. I’ll give them another ring and ask them about my plan in the morning and if they still can’t help I’ll be sending the watch back and probably get another one in a couple of months time, when I know the errors will have been fixed. Completely fed up now.

No probs.

As i stated to the complaints guy. If vodafone owned up and said "really sorry. teething issues we have no idea what we're doing at the moment" I wouldnt be so annoyed. Its the fact how everyone ive spoken to has given me information that isnt correct.

Im going to ride it out. I might ask them to try swapping the watch tomorrow and see what they say.

I read on a forum elsewhere when other carriers had the same issues when it was new that deleting the "vodafone uk" plan under the carrier settings on the My watch app (as it said "Not being used") should help refresh it. Thats what i did and now it wont come back.

But everytime i load up the Mobile data bit of my phone it does come up with "Vodafone UK.... Loading plan" for about 2 seconds then goes back to "Set up mobile data" where the login screen prompts you to try the £5 subscription. I was told by the complaints team that one of the managers told him that he had to do that to set his up and it shouldnt affect credit rating. however when i did it it stated that i failed the check (despite having above average credit rating)

That’s disgusting, especially if its affecting your credit rating. Vodafone have got a lot to answer for regarding this. They’re leading people down dead ends when none of them have a clue what they’re doing. As you said, admitting that they’re still learning would go a long way compared to just lying, and saying something different every time you speak to them. The guys I spoke to before actually rang me back a couple of times which I was really thankful for. Getting past the error screen I see time and time again is all’s I want to do. If I need to be in a CTR14 plan or whatever then that’s fine by me, but I can’t even get a solid answer. 

So after being promised last night midnight has been and gone and guess what it still doesn’t work.

so when I speak to CS again I’m just gonna have to send it back.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Mine has updated overnight and is now working.  

At a complete loss what to do now.

So just got off the phone and spoke to somebody who kind of knows the issue. 

The reason the watch isn’t on my plan yet and stuck open Ian that it’s showing as a failed delivery I got my watch on Friday morning at 9am I didn’t get any emails from Vodafone saying it was going to be delivered until lunch time that day.

as I have the watch it actually takes 3 days to close these stuck orders I’m getting a call back in 2 hours with more information. It may have to be a case of returning the watch and redoing the whole order .   So anybody who has a stuck open order worth asking if it’s showing as a failed delivery.

That sounds similar to me Odin, mine arrived on Friday but got emailed saying it was coming Monday. 

Could you let me know the outcome of your call? Maybe it will be sorted on Monday then? 

I’ve tried the whole no WiFi thing and of course didn’t work, I left the damn thing unpaired overnight and switched off, tried again this morning and the same old message about adding it for £5 and voda have confirmed that my watch is indeed tied to my plan and I can see this on my MyVodafone account.

Emailed the team yesterday around 12ish and had one response all day asking me to confirm who I am and since then, nothing, I’m thinking about sending both devices back and seeking some sort of legal advice about the credit checks they performed.

They did around 7 of them because the clueless advisors who seek nothing but our “understanding” because it’s a new product continuously told me one after the other than I need to try and add the subscription and that I wouldn’t be charged no or credit checks, they disregarded me stating that it had happened before and said they would take “full responsibility” if I am charged or Credit checked again so I think I have a case.

My final note on this for the time being is that the simple fact of the matter is that’s Vodafone should have trained and prepared all of their staff well in advance of this release and that asking us, as the consumers to be more “understanding” is not good enough, I had to explain what a damn credit check was to a advisor at Vodafone and that was probably the biggest facepalm of the night.

So just got a message saying carrier settings updated checked on the watch mobile data plan Vodafone all working perfectly.