Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

@colleen ref is 

cheers

@MikeBuzz I read somewhere that byod S3 watches would start to go live from Monday 24th... not sure if that’s true or what someone else was told incorrectly by Vodafone... but maybe worth looking into?

Well seeing as vodafone seem to have no clue i an not sure who to call for advise, one person says its fine, another says i need a new plan, seems like either some are missing training or they just really dont have a clue what they are doing

Update:

I called Vodafone this morning and they advised me to go into a store.

I spent an hour in store and they processed the mobile data order via their system but nothing yet.

The Vodafone data plan still says ‘waiting’ in the Apple Watch app.

I was advised to go home and wait two hours for the cellular plan to activate.

I’ll update if it works or not.

GOD :Angry_Face: I am so Pi****D off its unreal.

Speaking to a manager over the phone she puts me on hold for over 10 minutes then comes back and states the £22 a month is only when i buy the watch seperately and then it goes up to £27. Because im already a vodafone customer i'll ONLY be paying £5 a month after its free for 6 month?

If thats so then how is vodafone making money on a £500-600 device at £5 line rental a month? That phone call lasted 2 hours and then to be told something else thats wrong is really infuriating. it rather be told sorry we dont have the information rather than be told lies :Angry_Face:

Hi, Hope you can help. I’ve been having similar issues to mentioned in this post. Any chance you can pm me as I’m getting rather fed up phoning 191

So the twitter team said to me tha5 something had been done incorrectly on my order account 

just waiting for it to be fixed then they will discuss compensation

Has anyone on the forum received an email from Vodafone confirming that their Apple Watch account is now up and running.  I’ve just received one in the last hour following a visit to my local Vodafone shop at lunch time.  Apparently my order was still showing as open (despite delivery last Monday),  The local tech put a form through to VF to complete the order and this has resulted in the email.  I suspect I now have the usually 24 hour wait for the account t to update, but this is a positive move forwards - I hope..........

Here is my story so far.....

2 numbers showing on my Vodafone app...have tried ringing second number ( nothing happens )

spoken to many script readers al dishing out nonsense..

sent an email to nick Jeffery...received and email back pretty quick...

tonight I recover a phone call ( uk person ) she said she was one of the directors.. she had made notes and is going to get it sorted.

when I don’t know.

ive even had my Apple Watch eid sent to them ( I received a sim swap email)

that was 24hrs ago!

still nothing!!!

Mine worked perfectly on network for 5 days 24/25 of September , then disconnected from network , and has been offline from network since 11 days to date , called almost everyone to have problem resolved but still not working , and been instore to check all was okay , sadly issue not resolved . 

I have reset and even contacted apple for help but it is a network problem that they can not help me with .

currently I think it just a farce and I am not getting the service I agreed too .