Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Live Help just now

David at the moment the watch services are not fulled launched it will be fully working from 1-2 October.

So automatically from this date all your issue related to watch will be fixed.

We understand that you pay for the service when you’re not getting it. Vodafone is glad to cover the line rental charges for the time lost during this is fixed.

Just had an email from Vodafone saying they had blocked calls to premium numbers from a number I didn’t recognise, so went into the watch app and it updated some settings and has now connected to cellular.

whoop.

Vodafone are ridiculous now, in over four days I have received 4 responses from their Social America support time that @Alex directed me towards and none of them have helped at all.

first response was to ensure it was me contacting them, second time was to ask what troubleshooting steps I have done, so much misinformation and plain old lies being thrown around, they have still not acknowledged the illegal credit checks they have done and I have still received no other responses since Sunday morning.

I am absolutely disgusted with the level of customer service that Vodafone offer, how they are still in business I simply cannot fathom.

Will be contacting the Ombudsman later on today to make an official complaint and I would suggest to anyone else who is having the same issue to do the same, there is power in numbers.

I’m in the same boat. I’ve spoken to 3 more advisors this morning, was disconnected god knows how many times and they still tried doing the stupid pointless troubleshooting steps. I finally got through to someone different who after a long hold, told me that the message I was getting was something completely new and that he had escalated it to level 3 technical support. Then he decided to tell me I’d have to wait yet ANOTHER 72 hours. I’ve absolutely had enough now and I’m honestly debating on just taking my custom elsewhere. Customer service are an absolute disgrace.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nsjmurray Apologies it's not already been mentioned via email. This has been looked into on a whole and agreed that it's not an acceptable customer experience. 

We're currently in the process of changing our journey to ensure our customers are made aware (prior to making their purchase) that they may be subject to a credit check. 

We're working through our emails as quickly as possible and a member of our team will be in touch soon. 

I agree this is a joke, all they seem to advise is waiting, I have to wait till Wednesday until they have listened to the calls and see that I was told that I could have the esim added to my current contract, and they have actually added the second number which rings both devices it’s just the data does not work, and now being told I need to be on a £63pm tariff 

If they can not provide what was sold then I will be taking my business else where

I’ve just called and asked them to close my order which apparently takes 24-48 hours. Apple care said that is probably the issue. 

Ive given up explaining the problem as nobody knows what to do or say 

Just got a text message saying I have blocked all data, so now Vodafone are disabling my data without authorisation.

The case against them is building itself, please keep it up Vodafone, stellar service as usual.

Update

i am now getting the “You are not eligible to use Vodafone One Number with this plan, please call 191 or visit a store” message now.