Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

I had my Series 3 working fine independantly for severals weeks finally after many many hours of trouble shooting with Vodafone support. I had to make am official compaint before any action really happened!

Then Apple upgraded the iOS on my iPhone 7 and also my Series 3 watch. The watch stopped working independantly and in the Watch app on the iPhone the Watch wa showned as there but "not active".

Since then had many calls to Vodafone support, even made another complaint. Went through the motion of removing my settings on my iPhone, turning WiFi off on both my phone and watch, reseting the watch completely, STILL not working after several weeks.

Technical support said they will call me back in a week's time !!!!!

I was told it will take 1-2 weeks before its all fixed and they'll let me know when done. So basically they have just started to work on the watch connectivity. They sold thousands of watches without getting it ready before the launch lol worst customer service and worst overall service I've ever seen.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

So we can chae a resolution for you @Odinn74@Matt123456 and @Nsjmurray, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

Any chance of a message or are you just picking and choosing who you want to help. Utter disgrace. 

garethr
12: Established
12: Established

@Mark - there was an interesting point raised earlier. Given the multiple sources of contact that many of uus have now made (here, social media team, CEO's office, and general CS) how are you managing resolutions on accounts to ensure than changes made as a result of executive office contact isn't then overridden by the basic CS people, or the social media team?

Obviously it'll be a nightmare if one group resolve issues, only to then be broken by another? Are issues being dealt with centrally?

Should also point out that other than the OTP code received on Sunday, and the subsequent email from Osman I've heard nothing further. How are you keeping customers in the loop on progress? 

Honestly no one at VF have any idea what’s happening.

My honest opinion for anyone with this issue forget CS, Twitter, Forum Help and just email the CEO and let the be your central point of contact. After I spoke to the CEO office I decided that I didnt have any confidence in there ability to resolve the issue so I left.

>My honest opinion for anyone with this issue forget CS, Twitter, Forum Help and just email the CEO and let the be your central point of contact. After I spoke to the CEO office I decided that I didnt have any confidence in there ability to resolve the issue so I left.

That is my experience too. Any other point of contact is a 100% waste of your time.

@rasputin1969 wrote:

>My honest opinion for anyone with this issue forget CS, Twitter, Forum Help and just email the CEO and let the be your central point of contact. After I spoke to the CEO office I decided that I didnt have any confidence in there ability to resolve the issue so I left.

That is my experience too. Any other point of contact is a 100% waste of your time.

Well, I am now in contact with the CEO's office (my initial very quick response appeared to be from Nick Jeffery himself before getting handed off to the director's compaints team). We'll see how they get on over the next day or so.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jason32@rasputin1969@BobbyhLeeds@richardterritt@Sir_Tuesday@morganomalley@trayscragg@applewatchvfe and @LadyP123 So we can take a look into the issue you're experiencing when trying to connect your Apple Watch, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@HeleninGrimsby@VIMET@J8nno@Andudz@e195@CoffeeCup@Gavin3029@Fluteloop and @ghiucristian We'll be happy to look into the isuse you're experiencing with your Apple Watch. To help us do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.