Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

i seem to remember i forced my own carrier update :Smiling: by puting my sim in another phone and getting the hey it looks like you've swaped sims (if another iphone) then copying the link they send then taking my sim out putting it back in another phone copying the link txting my self it from the other phone and then clicking on the link once your sim is back in your phone and then it will do the carrier update.... possibly how i fixed my issue

Shame I don't have another iphone

@Morgan

https://vdms-prd.sp.vodafone.com/iPhoneConfig/UK/R/ybMzOUIk3csz6aju-zCTUQ

vist that link on your iphone to try it :Smiling: just forwarded the link my self

@Djmacca wrote:

Wow wow!!!

Just noticed on my phone I received a carrier update settings..

went into check I’m on version 34.0

movike data now works on my Apple Watch at last!!!

tried with iPhone off and it works perfect!

at last Vodafone at last!!

where do you find the carrier update ?

when you follow the link i posted it will ask where you want to install the profile too your iphone or your watch.... it's worth a shot installing it to the watch it's basicly just Mobile Data settings...

there's also IOS update 12.0.1 out now as well might be worth updating your phone tooo

I didn’t find it anywhere...just sitting here and it appeared on my phone...

this is what I’ve done if it helps...

1.Originally spoken to many people online/phone...gave them

my eid about 5 days ago.

2.spoken to directors at ceo office of Vodafone.

3.they said they where clowing

orders etc.

4. Then I noticed carrier settings updated

check in settings/about mine says uk Vodafone 34.0 of that helps..

im even on iOS 12.1 and watch iOS 5.1

@Djmacca wrote:

I didn’t find it anywhere...just sitting here and it appeared on my phone...

this is what I’ve done if it helps...

1.Originally spoken to many people online/phone...gave them

my eid about 5 days ago.

2.spoken to directors at ceo office of Vodafone.

3.they said they where clowing

orders etc.

4. Then I noticed carrier settings updated

check in settings/about mine says uk Vodafone 34.0 of that helps..

im even on iOS 12.1 and watch iOS 5.1

my carrier settings are 33.1

Mine are still 33.1 spoke to CEO office took my Eid said give it 24 hrs

mine is still also 33.1 but works... so don't see the carrier update an issue... nessicerually but there are all things we can try i suppose :Smiling: