Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

so the Sim car turned up this morning (Friday) as I knew it would....

Called into Directors office number and spoke to a relatively helpful lady that read through my notes and then activated the spare sim for me and told me the watch guys are in from 10am and will take my existing account off line, make the relevant changes and then give mea c all when its all been sorted later on today.

Again, a step in the right direction, just hope taht whatever they are doing does help.

updates to follow

I received a phone call from the directors office  Tuesday the caller said we have been working on your account your watch will now be working I said I haven’t looked, so I looked and it was I have been trying it out and it’s brilliant Wi-fi calling and 4g it’s really good worth the wait 

Good effort. I’ve had the directors office on. Really nice guy but no help at all. I told them I wanted to cancel both phone and watch and go elsewhere. They agreed to cancel the watch but not the phone as I’m in contract and it’s working. This means I can’t get a watch from O2 or EE as it won’t work. He told me they have no idea when they can fix the watch but I don’t have to pay for it until it’s working!!!! Very big of you vodacrap. I’ve explained I want compensation not because the watch doesn’t work but because of the way I have been treated for the last 6 weeks by multiple customer service reps. The whole thing is disgusting the company need a shake up but sadly they are to big for anyone to step in. Beyond a joke. The wait continues and I have no idea how long for #had enough 

I’m taking mine back on Sunday I’ve had enough of pairing unpairing resetting turning on off adding EID number changing SIM card, I’ll wait till my contract is up and go to EE. I’ve spent 6 1/2hrs on the phone to customer services, had 11 calls from them, I don’t have time to be waiting for it to work, I’m paying for a service that i’m Not receiving. 

Update. So after exactly 6 weeks to the day I received my watch it has started working. Hours and hours into vodacrap then the CEO office. I have been told I won’t pay for the contract on the watch until today and they have offered £75 comp that pays this months phone bill. Still not happy with the service I’ve received but it all goes a little way to rectifying the situation. Hope you all get yours working soon. Perceverence prevails 

Mine started working yesterday and today got a call about the £25 compensation.

Just received an email from vodafone saying my new apple watch plan is £29/mo ...what a crap company this is...now i have to fight to get it reverted back to £27 as when i bought it. 191 support guy says you have to pay £29 because you just bought the watch yesterday LOL

I told them I bought it last month and it was delivered on 2nd of oct but only started working from yesterday...and he didnt have a clue about what i was talking about LOL

What a crap company vodafone is...i dont know how are they still in business with such kind of customer support????

I sent in an email of complaint. Had someone from customer relations call me today, who said he would be escalating it to the technical team who will call me in 3-5 days. This is probably about the 7th time my phone calls have been escalated to this so called technical team! Told the guy today I wanted compensated as I’m paying for this watch and not getting the use, and he told me I’d get compensated when the issue is resolved. 4 weeks later and still no further forward! Don’t see why I should be paying for a service I can’t even use?! Vodafone....... absolute JOKE!!! The right hand doesn’t know what time left hand is doing. The guy on the phone today said he can see from my file I’ve made several calls regarding the issue. Well why don’t you just bloody sort it out then?!?!

• Apple Watch 4 is brilliant. As is IPhone Xsmax

if you keep the two together all works fine

However, try using the watch on its own, using cellular, then this is where your problems will start.

Apple have designed wonderful tools,why can’t Vodaphone get them to work ?

Not one of the telephone advisors for Vodaphone, nor Vodaphone store employees has any idea about how to set up the Apple Watch series 4 to run off cellular.

Instead of coming clean, admitting they have no useful training, I was met with one fob off after another.

Examples.

“We will send a code through the post to activate the cellular watch” - nonsense ! Wait a week and find no “scratch off” card has arrived ! 

“You will have to back to the store to correct wrong inputting”. Why ?

So I go to the store ( 2nd time), staff have no idea what to do. They get onto the “chat line”, and tell me I must wait to sort it out ! Why ? 

I leave telling them to phone phone me on my mobile. I wait. Same story. They have now sent an “internal” message to another department and this will take another 72hrs ( but only when Monday comes as nobody from that dept works weekends !

My interpretation of all this is the staff have had no training.

This I can understand. But fobbing customers off with things like a ‘scratch card” in the post, or “you will have to go the store” is not acceptable.

My watch started working this afternoon whilst walking to the Vodafone store.

On my phone in the my watch Mobile Data section I also now have 2 instances of Vodafone UK one under Data Plan and the other under ‘Not In Use’. Both direct me to Manage vodafone UK Account on the internet. The watch  has status as connected and Siri works, for now.