Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Speechless..they just don’t know what to do except still sell the watch to yet more poor unsuspecting people 

Seems like nobody can get it working, I had another phone call yesterday from customer relations saying they spoke to tec team and give it yet another week and now I can’t even tap on add data as it’s faded out so I can’t even try now myself so we’ll see what happens 

@Gemma wrote:

We want to help and get all of your Apple Watches connected. I'm sorry you've had to contact us several times.

@LishMac77 @Searla @GrandL @Jasespace123 I’ve sent you all a private message. Please follow the steps from there with how to reach my team.

@trevwealthall- I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing. If you’ve followed the steps from the private message we've previosuly sent, then please let me know the email refrence from the auto reply (#123456).

Guys if you want to help us then you have to be in contact not only with us but with other departments as well. I’ve sent this message which you sent to us but last time when I contacted with you that way there was an answer:

EFT195 #20190157

Hi Karol, it looks like you've been in contact by another department who have taken over from us to resolve the issue with your Apple Watch.

As such we would allow them to complete the work and any further discussions regarding this issue.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,

Raymond
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

It doesn’t work like that when few departments through problem between each other like hot potato. We pay for you all and expect nothing but service which you guaranteed by contract.

Well. that's the third time I've filled out one of those forms - still yet to receive a phone call, never mind an actual solution.

Needless to say, still no change on my watch...

and me , filled a form but got no reply, I’m still getting customer relations phoning and saying give it another week and they’ll phone be back to check it’s been resolved, at least I’m not being charged yet for the watch because I’m not getting the full features of it so that’s something 

Hi , you can send images from the Vodafone app go into settings and choose contact Vodafone and choose email and attach images to it which I have done more than once to show them what I see but they don’t listen and keep doing it their way , this is image or one of them I send regular 

Sorry to hear that but you did exactly what I did, you even joined on the same day ! 

I wrote to Vodafone expressing my sadness about the appalling customer service. They tried to ring back to fix the billing issues but even then they had these wrong and tried to charge me for Porting my number to EE outside of the contract cancellation period even though I was clearly it. I’m still waiting for an apology for being cut off twice and the hours of tome I wasted.  

They are a hopeless company  top to bottom . As before I’d suggest writing to BBC Watchdog quoting this thread. They should not be advertising this service if they can’t run it. 

Now where is my pen? A letter to Tim Cook at Apple seems appropriate given the “it just works” mantra.....

I know I’m not technically minded but surly if EE can sell and connect the watch to the phone straight away then surely a big company like Vodafone should be able to do the same but instead it’s nearly 5 months on and still can’t pair the watch fully like EE did straight away , I feel sorry for the poor people who’s still buying one from Vodafone without knowing all this ..

This really is very strange.. I feel for those of you who are still getting nowhere...

As I'm already posted, whatever they did with my account worked perfectly. Got a carrier update sent to iPhone, then 5 minutes later, everything sprang to life on the App and the Phone.

So someone must have found a solution, so why aren't they pushing it out to everyone...

Hi glad yours is now working and the reason yours is because you happen to get a person who actually know what to do which shows there is no communication among them if there were then maybe all this would be resolved, I tried passing bits of info I learned from you all but they were not interested..that’s their problem they don’t listen or communicate I think