Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

@chistery wrote:

They are only trying to help you!

If there's no order on your account, it sounds like the order didn't get tied to your existing contract, maybe that should be your next question?

No, they are doing the opposite.

The Order is in my account as has been verified several times over several days spending several hours wasting my time speaking with the advisors that know nothing about the service or the products they are selling, I bought a new contract with them and he Apple Watch on the same day.

Tou don’t know the start of it with my history with Vodafone, so respectfully, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I would suggest anyone still having issue and are in the 30day period return the items and switch networks if possible, I am sure EE will only be to happy to match any deals Vodafone offer!

I am still waiting on my call back that was promised by Wednesday at the latest

Finally had a reply from the social media team. days after pming a mod on here.

here was my reply.

Judging by the fact i have had nothing official from vodafone themselves but countless (I’m talking. 15+ people) people look into this and quite obviously having no clue on whats wrong / how to fix it i personally think theres nothing you can do, the more people looking into it (currently has been upgraded to level 3 tech gurus but been advised today this could take ANOTHER 48 hours) the more chance of somebody screwing something else up.

Currently i have 2 failed credit checks now on my account which vodafone have yet to comment on. And it has now been almost a full 7 days with no official response/acknowledgment from vodafone about the issue despite 14 pages of people having the same issue on the community forums. 

I therefor will most likely be giving it the 48 hours my local store manager has advised me to wait and will be looking at contacting an ombudsman in the view of coming out of my contract early. The service from vodafone has been appalling and i no longer have my faith or trust in them.

chistery
16: Advanced member

Which credit agency are you seeing the two searches on?

Currently going off the fact I’ve had to failed searches. 

chistery

The guy I talked to on Sat said no credit search was done, despite the error, it was just an internal flag, so until you see it on your report then I wouldn't worry too much. It seems to be more Vodafones poor IT systems.

Nothing has shown up at clearscore yet, my last Vodafone search was April when I took out a new contract, so it should show up there if they have done one.

Ahh hopefully okay then

So the girl from rotherham was trying to figure out what was wrong yesterday.

Personally i think its a set up issue. it detects there should be a data plan on my watch app. but on the watch it says No data plan.

Why is it so hard to redo everything from scratch? The minute the girl got to her finishing time at 7 she came back with "My manager said he will look into the issue and get back to you." and that was it.

Update

had a phonecall from level 3 support yesterday, advised me they know theres an issue, they’re workinf on a fix, releasing a background minor fix that should fix some of the issues today or tomorrow and that they’re adding me onto a spreadsheet of people having those issues.

i left my watch at home last night, got back this morning noticed it said “set up data plan” again, clicked it and asked me about the £5 thing again so I’ve done that to test it and It’s gone through, watch now connected to data.

i will now be pushing the complaint forward about the way It’s been handled prior to this so will let you guys know.

Glad you got yours sorted. Thursday I was told wait 48hrs, still not working.

Should be getting a call from the directors office today regarding the issues.

Also should have the EE sim soon so can migrate.