main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

4: Newbie

@trevwealthall wrote:

Same problem but got mine beginning of October and still not working despite Vodafone tec...Vodafone Store ..customer relations ..online chat , countless sim swops later and it’s still ongoing and they still can’t connect it 🙁

why they simply don't say 'It's something with...'? Few minutes ago someone called to me with information "you have to wait 72 hours" - but i'm already waiting 73 days! 

View more options

Hate to say it but in all I’ve waited countless 24 hours ..48 hours one four day and on two weeks now I’m on another 24 hours which ended yesterday but did not get call back as they promised to check it’s working which is not .. feel like chucking the watch as most days or nights I’m spent on the phone to them , it’s like living and breathing for Vodafone 

View more options

I’m sorry to hear it's taken longer than expected to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone @trevwealthall and @Ianadam1967. We'll be happy to help get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your accounts to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
1: Seeker

I’m having the same issue, it’s not about pairing you phone to your watch, it’s about being unable to use the watch without your phone ie making/receiving a call on your watch without your mobile being present.

i have contacted Vodafone who’s tech support team are extremely helpful but have no idea of the problem or how to apply a fix, it’s an offshore contact centre for starters, English is their second language and although spoken very well and politely, the issue gets lost in translation, I was told it would be raised to the secondary higher tech support team and my issue would be sorted in 24/48 hours, I called back after 48 hours and ended up having to talk to a supervisor as the agent I spoke with, although very nice, just kept repeating everything I said?

anyway the long and short of it is as I understand it, I was told an imaginary number needed assigning to my watch in order for it to function, this I’m told will take another 5 days! I’m assuming higher technical support is in the UK and there’s no doubt a massive back log of annoyed customers who have got a wearable the purchased, which is not working, the reason you purchase a series 4 is for the cellular functionality and waterproof functionality, mine is pretty useless with out the cellular working as this is why I wanted it in the first place 😡

View more options

Hi , this all sounds familiar, I’ve been passed from one department to a higher department who supposed to sort it out better but can’t , also been passed to different levels of people and even customer relations telling I’m on the highest level  and I’ve wait countless 24 hrs 48hrs 4 days 5 days and even a 14 day and still waiting for my umpteenth week to end , lost count how many resets I’ve done on both watch and phone , should be stopped providing them if they can’t pair them fully on the data plan ..just had enough of it and apparently there’s lots of people with same problem and I thought I was the only one , 

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems getting your Apple Watch connected correctly @DeeDeePola, I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch; so I can take a look in to this for you. 

@trevwealthall did you get in touch via the private message that @Mark sent out? If so and you've not had a reply, please provide me with your email reference number so I can chase this up for you - it'll look something like this [#1234567].

View more options
2: Seeker

Be had exactly the same problems. They actually managed to provision the watch and it worked for about a week. I’ve spent hours being passed from group to group with assurances it would be fixed. I’ve been promised ring backs that don’t happen. No one from Vodafone seems to have a clue how to fix it and no one has really asked any questions that make me feel they are trying.

its really the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. 

Today text said

“Dear Graham ,

Your apple watch case has been escalated to our super users , we will kindly get back to you with a resolution for the issue.

Thanks
Vodafone.” 

Guess what nothing has happened .

View more options

Exactly the same as me and it would be nice to actually talk to tec team , I keep saying the watch says no carrier and no sim and online chat says it’s not linked to phone that’s why but tec has to do it , why don’t they try that , customer relations phoning me again tomorrow to check again for the umpteenth time to see if it’s done then I suppose it will be escalated to yet another high level again , it just goes on and on the same thing from them 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi. 

Please add add me to the list of people who simply can’t get the apple watch connected to the mobile data network. 

Ive recently received  my series 4 watch and the same issue as everyone else. “Your Vodafone account is not elligble to enable mobile data”

im going round in circles (like everyone else)

if someone could send me a PM (as above) I’d be grateful. 

View more options

I’m sorry your having same trouble mine has been like it since beginning of October and still not resolved and now I’m not even getting the promised phone calls from customer relations, it’s like they have no idea what to do next , don’t know what else to try now myself 

View more options

Yes same here Searla! Secondary number is showing on

my account but still no luck, just being passed from pillar to post on what to do and nothing works! 

View more options

It’s mental isn’t it?? I’ve just been reading through the 50+ pages 

I wish I took the time to check these forums before ordering.... I’ve not got the time or inclination to chase support for days on end... (but sadly that looks like what I’ll have to do) 

Has ANYONE had a positive outcome?? Really disappointed... 

View more options
I got my watch yesterday, you would of thought Vodafone would have sorted all these issues out by now! Going to call the London headquarters today to see if they help as everyone on live chat has no idea!
View more options

Yes I wish the trouble they are having also , what’s annoying is I was talked into having the watch at the Vodafone store to go with the new iPhone so why are they still selling to people knowing full well they can’t connect the data to the phone . When pairing it said can’t connect and to connect your provider to have it added onto plan , having had that message trying to be sorted out by them one person said it’s because it’s not linked so he did it for me , then it said I have to many devices on my plan and contact Vodafone to have one removed, who then said it’s because it’s not activated so he did it ..now back to square one with it saying no data ..just goes on and on doesn’t it , had the watch nearly 4 months now and feel sorry for people just getting theirs , if only they knew

View more options
2: Seeker

Well I gave up with Vodafone after this fiasco.  I've moved to EE. 

They managed to cut me off the other day for the second time, I have a charge on my bill for £8 that they could not tell me what it was for an also tried charging for two SIMs! Whist I was cut off someone did try and ring me back but had clearely not read the case notes that I'd requested to be updated with my temporary work number whist they got me re-connected. I also had to shout at them a lot to get the phone re-connected after  being told it woud be between 2 and 48 hours having already been offline or 24 and rung them twice in this period and then magically was re-connected in 10 minutes. 

The company and its service is broken. 

I've sent a mail to BBC watchdog and a link to this thread, I suggest you do the same. Vodafine are selling a service thay cant support.  

Im also going  to have a go at contacting Tim Cook @ apple.com as this service is not living up to Apples promises and Im sure they will be concerned that Vodafone is wrecking their image.

Enough Vodafone....Im gone.  

View more options

Hi

Im having the same problem.  I received my Apple Watch Series 4 yesterday which doesnt connect to Mobile Data.  I have spoken 5 times to 191 yesterday plus several online chat.  Today I have spoken twice to 191, online chats & been into store - No one seems to be able to sort this!!! I have unpaired repaired several times! The watch has been restored to factory settings & nothing that is done connects it to the network!!

On the phone the 'Set up Mobile Data' is greyed out and on the Watch it has no ICCID number

Please are you able to sort this??

View more options

Sorry but seems like your having the same problem as dozens of others including myself who’s been trying for nearly 4 months now and spoke to countless people and visiting shop lots of times , hope you have better luck than me , bad they selling the watch without saying you can’t connect it isn’t it 

View more options

OMG  4 months!!!!  I dont think they know what to do!!  

View more options

Bit of an update, 

i got got an email last night saying great to have you on board and my plan for the watch but still nothing has changed and I can’t connect! 

View more options

Just out of interest, has anyone had this resolved successfully? 

View more options