Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

So got my phone on release didn’t work for 4 days then started working, then on Sunday stopped again got told to unpair and ever since it’s broke again won’t connect at all Vodafone don’t have a clue they have said the watch has set itself to my primary number and secondary number and that’s why it won’t work.

ive told them if it won’t work today I want a full refund of all that I’ve been billed and I’ll return the watch and buy a cheaper GPS model,  

Yes, my problem is a little different to the rest of you. I was able to setup the lte on the watch without issue. Two days on from initial setup the status of the plan in the Watch app switched to "Not In Use" and the mobile data section in the watches' settings shows as "No Sim". It's almost as though the plan was setup correctly and then an  update came to which disabled it.

This is the second time I've had this. Last week (After being assured the problem was  a vodafone uk wide error and would be resolved by Thursday) I cancelled the plan and started up a new one. Two days later - same thing, only now they seem incapable of cancelling the plan.

thats what im going to do today if its not fixed return and either buy cheaper on or just dont bother

"then on Sunday stopped again got told to unpair and ever since it’s broke again "

Yup, that's what happened to me. It stopped working at around 5pm on Sunday.

Mines still working from the 23rd Sep. My bill states I'm on a 60gb plan with it but I can't find any mention of this on my account. It uses my phone allowance when on cellular.

as far as my account is concerned i can see the account and correct plan and stuff but the app on my pfone does nto see a data plan , if i get asked one more time to unpair my watch and reset my network settings i think i might expload

"as far as my account is concerned i can see the account and correct plan and stuff but the app on my pfone"

If you're not seeing the plan, at all, then I don't think there's a resolution available. It looks like when you unpaired the watch you would have been asked whether you wanted to keep the plan associated with the phone. If you replied no then the plan would have been removed from the phone (but NOT from your account).

This shouldn't be a problem. If Vodafone had done their homework they'd have implemented a solution whereby when you setup your phone and already had a watch plan on your account they gave an option to either start a new plan OR associate the phone with an existing plan. This is exactly what most carriers do in the states. 

Vodafone provide no such option. To make matters worse they've provided no training or ability for their staff to deal with this.

How am I being charged £30.80 for the watch? Just got my new bill 

should be £22 for the first 6 months. Are they charging me October and 9 days of September in one go? 

I don’t remember getting asked to remove the plan when in pairing the phone and watch ? 

Oh. The point remains though - I don't think Vodafone have a way of pairing an existing plan with an Apple watch. I could be wrong though.

What happens when you phone the number of your secondary plan? Does it ring your phone?